Talk

Advanced search

Do you ever get to wear your "downtime" clothes?

(5 Posts)
theclick Wed 17-Feb-16 13:26:37

Does anyone ever get to actually wear their non work clothes? I find that by the time I'm done with work, and then at home, I get into (relatively nice) joggers which stay on me until bedtime. I don't get into a pair of skinny jeans and a nice top when I'm clearing the kitchen and finishing dinner!! I love clothes and follow blogs etc but this makes me weary of spending money on them because I only enjoy them at the weekend.

LadyPriggsbottom Wed 17-Feb-16 13:46:18

I'm a SAHM so my work clothes and down time clothes are one and the same grin.

I know what you mean though. It used to really annoy me that I couldn't wear my nice jeans to work. Sadly I never worked in one of those cool offices wear everyone dressed down every day and played table tennis and drank smoothies at meetings.

I ended up wearing skirts and dresses a lot in the office (with heels) which could then be worn at the weekend (with flats). I resented paying a lot of money for office clothes which I then couldn't wear at the weekend and also didn't see the point in buying expensive jeans or anything else casual as I didn't really have the chance to wear them. I still wear a lot of skirts and dresses now actually so I think that's kind of stuck with me.

starsinyourpies Wed 17-Feb-16 19:13:03

Find a dress down job (although it can for some turn into an excuse for buying very expensive jeans and tops, oh no not me...)

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 17-Feb-16 21:06:39

I get in at teatime and put straight on pyjamas!

I tend to buy clothes that I can wear to work, wear them at weekends, then eventually downshift them to my work wardrobe. I'm a lecturer in a creative subject area, so often wear black skinny jeans and a nice blouse to work, plus things like a-line dresses with opaques and brogues. Obviously much harder if you wear a suit to work. I never, ever wear stuff that I've worn to work outside work - once something's crossed over, it doesn't go back. I need to have a clear line between work/not work.

gingercat02 Wed 17-Feb-16 21:22:26

I wear a uniform at work. I can't get out of it and into nice clothes quickly enough, when I get home. Jeans and a top or jumper at home smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now