Talk

Advanced search

What colour nail polish with this dress? And are these shoes ok?

(16 Posts)
ElectraAzalea Tue 16-Feb-16 21:32:06

Going to a wedding on Friday, can't wait, first real chance to get dressed up since having DC! This is the dress I am wearing:

www.warehouse.co.uk/scatter-floral-dress/dresses/warehouse/fcp-product/02558099

What colour nail polish shall I go for? And are these shoes ok to wear with it? It's been so long since I was able to wear nice stuff, I have no clue what I am doing any more!

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/geneva-strappy-court-shoes-4171375

LettuceLaughton Tue 16-Feb-16 21:45:11

Great choices! I love that dress envy

A deep red (or maybe a dusky pink) would be my choice for nails but pretty much anything you fancy would work well.

ElectraAzalea Tue 16-Feb-16 22:06:29

Thanks Lettuce! It's gorgeous isnt it. So excited, I'm back to pre pregnancy weight and size, feeling good and looking forward to the wedding!

I was thinking either red or this pink for nails

www.amazon.co.uk/Rimmel-London-Seconds-Polish-Libertine/dp/B00UYJHC44/ref=dp_ob_title_hpc

Ifonlyiweretaller Tue 16-Feb-16 22:54:09

ooh i was going to ask ask a similar question - what colour nails would you wear with this one? it is a gorgeous vibrant Kingfisher blue dress. I am wearing silver/champagne accessories with it. Also unsue about lip colour - soft peachy or more pinky?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 16-Feb-16 23:25:49

Electra That dress is very pretty. There are quite a few colour nail varnishes you could put with it.
Either
Red
Black
Pale pink
Yellow. Very few people suit yellow nail polish though, but you could try it.
The shoes are fine.
Ifonly I'd go for silver glitter or peach as you suggested would be gorgeous

Ilovenannyplum Wed 17-Feb-16 07:17:23

OP that dress is beautiful!

I have no helpful nail polish suggestions, I just wanted to tell you that I love the dress!

BumWad Wed 17-Feb-16 07:21:07

I am loving them topshop shoes!!! envy

TheDowagerCuntess Wed 17-Feb-16 07:30:19

Gorgeous outfit! Agree with dark red or yellow (if you're very tanned or have darker skin) nail polish. Or else a mint green.

LagartijaNick Wed 17-Feb-16 14:24:45

First dress: I'd go with white nail polish.

polyhymnia Wed 17-Feb-16 14:40:35

First dress - very pale pink - not glittery sparkly etc, the very pretty dress is enough of a statement.

Second dress - I'd go for a pale grey or a non sparkly silver. I don't like sparkly silver on myself or others for a daytime occasion - prefer something subtler.

CityFox Wed 17-Feb-16 15:40:41

Bloody hell, not yellow nails, at a glance people will think you have some kind of fungal infection.

First dress I would go for red, I think it has to be with those killer heels!

Second dress maybe something paler, match your lipstick to your nail colour.

MsMillyMollyMandy Wed 17-Feb-16 15:49:42

Fab dress and great choice of shoes. What about Rita Ora for Rimmel - Rain Rain go Away

Princesspond Wed 17-Feb-16 16:38:16

Op the shoes are fab.

Where is the second dress from?

ElectraAzalea Wed 17-Feb-16 20:52:44

Thanks everyone! Love that Rita Ora nail polish. I will see how much time I actually get for painting my nails, if I'm in a rush I will probably go for pale pink, less chance of making it look a total mess (very out of practice painting nails!). If I have a bit more time I will probably go for red.

Ifonlyiweretaller Thu 18-Feb-16 22:13:24

Sorry guys, I did reply to this but for some reason it didn't appear on here.. So, firstly I hope you have a fab wedding or prow Electra - I'm sure you will look amazing! Secondly the turquoise (called kingfisher in the brochures) dress is a brand called Ispirato which I think aims at mother of the bride/ groom - certainly if the price is anything to go by! ( pit the word wedding in front of anything and it doubles the price,) But I do love it, and in the end I went for peach nail varnish to go with it, with a delicate glitter on the top.

Buttercup443 Fri 19-Feb-16 00:04:42

😍

Dress is ace and shoes are killer.
Love the Rita Ora nail varnish with it!!

If you don't suit grey, then pink or deep red would be great, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now