Talk

Advanced search

What tops to wear with these skirts??

(5 Posts)
BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 16-Feb-16 18:44:39

Sick of jeans and leggings, I dug out some skirts and I really like them. Pic attached, have another the same shape and one same shape but shorter.
Thing is I have no idea what to wear on top and end up looking too smart/worky. I think a t-shirt would look weird and what other options even are there?? Shirt would look too work-wear. I suppose a jumper?
I am a WAHM so it doesn't matter what I wear but I like to wear real clothes for my own sanity.
I do have a skater skirt but it's much more fun in itself so cardigan and top combo doesn't end up feeling too smart.
Thanks!

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Tue 16-Feb-16 18:47:10

I would really only wear that type of skirt to work sorry. But here's some images off Google which some may give you ideas how to wear it.
www.google.co.uk/search?q=casual+ways+to+wear+a+grey+pencil+skirt&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixg5Pj-PzKAhVL6xQKHQ3oD7oQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=511

burnishedsilver Tue 16-Feb-16 18:50:40

Try a polo neck.

knitknack Tue 16-Feb-16 19:38:46

I actually LOVE that skirt! Wear it with a denim shirt and ankle boots, or with a t- shirt (agree with you that untucked it wouldn't work, but tucked in the front would). Also, same technique with a thin knit from somewhere like h&m.... Against using the front tuck thing that they all do on Pinterest (put 'pencil skirt' into Pinterest to see what I mean), good luck!

BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 16-Feb-16 19:55:32

Thanks for suggestions! knit it's just from Sainsburys! It's like corduroy but really stretchy. I can sit cross legged in it if I so desire!
Pinterest here I come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now