What top to pair this skirt with? (A wedding one)

(12 Posts)
EssentialHummus Tue 16-Feb-16 16:53:33

I'm getting married soon (registry office plus lunch with friends). I'd prefer not to wear a wedding dress as nothing really appeals. I'd prefer a smart "reusable" (for lack of a better term) outfit.

This skirt has really grabbed my attention, but what to pair it with? Particularly what colour, for a wedding? (I think black is the easiest colour to match it with, and actually I think I may be OK with a black top, but wondered about other ideas people had.)

I'm a size 10 with slightly larger than average boobs, and tend to look good in v-neck / scoop neck tops.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Queenbean Tue 16-Feb-16 16:56:22

I'd go for a bright colour - orange or coral, with a cream / champagne colour box jacket on the top

Or, a scallop necked cream top with a bright jacket.

Congrats smile

Love. I'd go for a plain black top and bright pink shoes.

ZaZathecat Tue 16-Feb-16 17:06:06

Lovely skirt!

EssentialHummus Tue 16-Feb-16 17:08:24

Ooh queen good shout on the jacket - possibly black top + cream jacket is the way to go.

Thanks Remus and ZaZa - I am so not a dress-up person so delighted to find something I like!

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 16-Feb-16 17:08:41

You could go to a large department store and ask for a personal shopper/stylist to help you pick out lots of different looks to try?

EssentialHummus Tue 16-Feb-16 17:11:54

Brie I'd do it, but as a last resort. I have some issues about my looks (which I'm working through, slowly), but I get very, very nervous and uncomfortable if I feel like anyone is judging or critiquing what I'm wearing. I feel about personal shopping the way others feel about dentistry. grin

Exactly what you need to plan a wedding

ticket123 Tue 16-Feb-16 19:33:05

Hot pink top!

cissyfuss Tue 16-Feb-16 20:17:57

I agree you're going to struggle to get a cream jacket to match... maybe have a look at these?

http://www.phase-eight.com/fcp/categorylist/garment/jackets?resetFilters=true

I think black would def be easiest and I love the idea of zingy shoes to lift it all... maybe clashing zingy with bag/flowers/ jewellery if feeling brave... so as not to get too matchy matchy...

cissyfuss Tue 16-Feb-16 20:18:35

Btw... Love the skirt!!

EssentialHummus Tue 16-Feb-16 20:30:00

cissy - I was just on the John Lewis Phase 8 page after reading Queen's advice - I like this best but it may be too long and bloody pricey given that the skirt sits on my hips:

www.phase-eight.com/fcp/product/phase-eight/jackets/jacket-six/900778552

This one seems better: www.phase-eight.com/fcp/product/phase-eight/jackets/cape-jacket/900794105

Good shout!

I think the bright accessories route is a good way to go.

Thanks all, you're making me feel much happier with my unusual choice!

I think the cape jacket in black could potentially be really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now