Talk

Advanced search

Best hair colour for greasy hair? or redness? or both!

(6 Posts)
DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Tue 16-Feb-16 15:53:14

I don't even know if this is possible but my hair needs to be washed every day or it looks oily and 'unwashed' is there a colour that will stop it looking so bad so I can go two or three days without washing it?

Also I'm pale with lots of redness, is there a colour I can go that will reduce the appearance or redness at all?

My hair is currently a mid brown with quite a red/ginger undertone and some lighter brown hairs here and there. No grey yet. In due my hair myself so any recommendations of specific permanent dyes are welcome smile

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Wed 17-Feb-16 11:35:34

Bumping incase anyone can help smile

nearlyovertherainbow Wed 17-Feb-16 14:56:24

I've got dark brown hair and if it weren't for dry shampoo, I'd need to wash it every other day. With the dry shampoo, I only wash it twice a week, which is so much easier, as I've got very long, thick hair. I have been thinking about getting my hair coloured and to stop it looking greasy was one of my reasons for that. I would think reddish colours might help disguise...but then I'm just imagining, I'm certainly no expert. Not sure if that would work for you if you have a reddish skin tone. Sorry, not very helpful, but hopefully someone else will have some more knowledge. Have you actually tried dry shampoo though?

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Wed 17-Feb-16 14:59:51

Thank you smile I do use dry shampoo but I hate the texture of my hair with it in and while the roots are greasy the rest of the hair is dry so overall the effect isn't great! I use it in emergencies though.

Veterinari Wed 17-Feb-16 15:01:56

My hair used to be like this until I switched to shampoo/conditioner without silicone or dimethecone. They coat te hair so make it silky immediately after washing but weigh it down and make it greasy a day later.

Blonde highlights will dry your hair out and make it seem less greasy but then your roots will look even worse as they grow through.

Change shampoo smile

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Wed 17-Feb-16 15:53:14

Thanks I'll try that! Any recommendations for a good one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now