Talk

Advanced search

are these too wintery to see me through the summer?

(17 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 15-Feb-16 09:53:08

I think they are lovely but kind of wondering if they'll be a bit formal for wearing in the summer. Deciding what colour to get and I want it to be super versatile.

TheSpottedZebra Mon 15-Feb-16 09:54:16

Linky?

keeponkeepinon Mon 15-Feb-16 09:55:01

www.hudsonshoes.com/horrigan-bordo-boot.html

A link would be useful eh?!

burnishedsilver Mon 15-Feb-16 09:59:56

They're not going to see you though the summer but do they have to?

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Mon 15-Feb-16 10:00:24

I really like those.
If you are in the UK I'm sure you'll get wear from them.
Now lusting after boots I really don't need.

TheFridgePickersKnickers Mon 15-Feb-16 10:02:51

Boots in summer? No they won't see you through the summer but being a boot lover myself I would buy them. Wear them until the spring/warmer weather then pack them away with all my other boots until the autumn and start wearing them again.

Floisme Mon 15-Feb-16 10:06:35

What summer? I wear boots like that most of the year. There's about a fortnight when they're too much.

keeponkeepinon Mon 15-Feb-16 10:12:17

I was thinking with ankle flashing skinnies and maybe even skirts if I ever get the confidence. As beautiful as I think it is, just wasn't sure if the oxblood colour and shine was a bit dark and formal. But then the other colours wouldn't go with black tights in the winter. I'll see how dark the colour is when it arrives later.

Floisme Mon 15-Feb-16 10:16:27

I love the grey and I find it works most of the year round (assuming you live in UK?)

keeponkeepinon Mon 15-Feb-16 10:21:21

Yes I am in the UK. We had a very rainy summer last year! I quite like the grey too flo, wish I could have them in every colour! I guess grey could be dressed up too?

Floisme Mon 15-Feb-16 10:24:47

I think so, I think grey's a really versatile colour for boots - better than black.

I want some too now grin

keeponkeepinon Mon 15-Feb-16 10:51:56

Hmm they've just been delivered. I ve tried them on and I don't love them as much as I thought. I think the shine on the leather doesn't work somehow. Its like I thought, the leather is too formal for the style of boots. I also had some brown nubuck type ones to try and I much prefer them. But I won't be able to pair with my black tights and go on a night out! Maybe I will try the grey ones as well!?

keeponkeepinon Mon 15-Feb-16 11:19:01

Hmm, maybe I'll just keep the brown ones...they could be worn with skinnies. I have black boots for going out. The grey ones are not easy to find.

polyhymnia Mon 15-Feb-16 12:21:25

The heel height isn't for me but I do think the grey ones look the nicest and most versatile. Didn't like the shine on those red ones.

keeponkeepinon Mon 15-Feb-16 12:35:55

blush I've ordered the grey ones to try...

Indecisivejo Mon 15-Feb-16 13:00:41

Oh ffs now I want the grey ones wish I hadn't read this post grin

keeponkeepinon Tue 16-Feb-16 16:57:13

Does anyone know if they give in size over time? Size 4 is a bit snug but 5 sems a bit rattly and much looser around the ankles. The leather does seem pretty stiff so not sure if it'll soften. It digs a bit on the heel.
No decision on colour either.
Didn't like the bordo so its between the brown and grey. The brown had a man made sole which is an advantage to me. Plus they're cheaper wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now