Best ever hair products and styler for dry frizzy hair?

(10 Posts)
Oly5 Mon 15-Feb-16 08:27:00

Please help! My longish hair is dry and frizzy. I get it cut every six weeks but can't seem to combat the frizz. At the moment I just wash it with shampoo and conditioner, dry it with hairdryer and babyliss big hair and rub a bit of serum through it. But it's still dry and frizzy!
What else can I use? I don't mind splashing out on anything that WORKS. Thanks!

MsAtomicBomb Mon 15-Feb-16 09:05:13

What shampoo and conditioner are you using OP? Switching to sulphate free would probably help but you then have to be careful not to use styling products with silicone in them (which your serum most likely has) as it won't wash out with sulphate free.

I have dry frizzy hair and I've just given up on blow drying it as any sort of heat makes it worse. I find that if I just squeeze the excess water out after I've washed it and then apply a leave in conditioner, and leave to dry naturally without touching it then it dries nice a frizz free. I'm using Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost leave in conditioner on the recommendation of mumsnetters and it's fab.

Oly5 Mon 15-Feb-16 21:32:07

Oh thanks! I'll give the bed head a try! I find that if I let it dry naturally it just looks frizzy with uneven curls. At least drying it gives it some sense of uniformity. But I'll give sulphate free shampoo a go

SwedishEdith Mon 15-Feb-16 21:57:15

Mine's the same. It's marginally better atm by using the clear Herbal Essence shampoo, the white Herbal Essence conditioner, a tiny bit of shock Pantene Argan oil thing and then dry with a fast hairdryer. Drying naturally is a disaster. But, the best thing is wearing a hat for a while. It's always much more frizz-free when I take it off.

Jaimx86 Tue 16-Feb-16 10:51:44

I didn't use to bother with hair products until I tried John Masters neroli detangle. It costs a lot (£18) but I'm now on my third bottle as can't get over how silly it makes my dry hair. This got me 'in to' looking at other hair products but the only other one I purchase regularly is Beauty Protector spray which I use before drying. The products are quite costly but have made a real difference to my dry and 'frazzled' hair.

SaucyJack Tue 16-Feb-16 16:11:02

I know this one!

It's Garnier Ultimate Blends "The sleek perfector oil".

I rub a good palmful of it along the ends and underneath of my damp combed hair after washing, and it takes me from looking like one of the faces of meth to boho chic.

Oly5 Tue 16-Feb-16 19:29:14

Thank you, this is massively helpful! X

ConkersDontScareSpiders Tue 16-Feb-16 20:24:43

Lee Stafford Moroccan Oil does the trick on mine....12 quid I think in Boots.smells quite strong though which some people might not like.

wherehavealltheflowersgone Tue 16-Feb-16 20:26:51

The only thing that worked for me on my thick wavy frizzy hair was buying decent (£100ish) straighteners. Life changing they are!

sheffieldsteeler Tue 16-Feb-16 21:24:19

I wash with a keratin shampoo/conditioner (currently Richard Ward) then run a hair oil through the ends, before using Aveda curl cream and letting it all dry naturally. It goes into nice smooth ringlets like that, but if I miss out the oil, I look like a troll doll. Twice a week I use a deep conditioner and leave it on all morning.

My hairdresser told me to avoid 'protein' deep conditioners, and to look for keratin/moisturising ones - I thought I needed protein to rebuild my brittle hair, but apparently it just makes it even more brittle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now