Need to break out of skinny jeans heels and jacket for nights out - help please!!!

(6 Posts)
helloworlditsme Sun 14-Feb-16 17:19:26

I'm a small size 10 hourglass with a very wobbly tummy and my night out staple for years has been skinny jeans, a loose top and heels with a jacket over the top. I have a party coming up and really want to wear something different but don't know where to start.

I hate feeling overdressed and the party will be in a pub with live music, I like clothes, read magazines, follower bloggers and use pinterest and yet I seem to have no idea where to start with this one.

leadrightfoot Sun 14-Feb-16 17:24:34

Erm.
So what's wrong with that?
<struggles as has done same and gets compliments so fails to see why a change is necessary>

helloworlditsme Sun 14-Feb-16 17:27:18

It's because it's all I ever wear and I fancy a change - the furthest I've got with my thoughts is swapping the skinny jeans for boyfriend/cigarette cut jeans.

Leviticus Sun 14-Feb-16 17:43:58

Roll skinnies up to leave a slight gap between them and heeled ankle boots.

It's difficult because it's a pub and what you don't want to wear is actually perfect for the pub...

helloworlditsme Sun 14-Feb-16 17:48:04

Yeah maybe I should stick with the tried and tested this time and try to work out something different for a dressier occasion. I think it's because the idea of being over dressed makes me feel so uncomfortable I always wear jeans of some sort

AJ279 Sun 14-Feb-16 18:23:59

What about a skater dress and jacket? That's what I'll wear if going out for day and night, or even just with a cardigan for day to day and it flares out at the waist so nothing tight and clingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now