Being frugal while following bloggers?

(7 Posts)
Fuzzypeggy Sun 14-Feb-16 16:23:24

I love getting inspiration from fashion bloggers but rather than using this to shop my own wardrobe and make use of what I've got, I keep buying more which I didn't want to do. Any tips other than willpower? And are there any bloggers who don't buy buy buy?

FrustratedFrugal Sun 14-Feb-16 16:30:30

Into Mind is a stylish minimalist blog. She isn't active right now but there is a lot of inspiring stuff on her site.

BlueEyedWonder Sun 14-Feb-16 17:48:10

I like the blog Unfancy and she's just started it up again after a break. She builds seasonal wardrobes around 37 items and is not all about buy buy buy.
I enjoy reading blogs and following bloggers on Instagram although my goals for this year are to consume less.

mowglik Sun 14-Feb-16 17:48:55

Recreate the looks (or close approximations) with stuff you already own

Don't buy the exact items they are buying but buy cheaper versions and make a bigger investment if it's an item that ends up being really versatile

mowglik Sun 14-Feb-16 17:50:39

Sorry missed the bit in your OP where you said you don't end up shopping from your own wardrobe blush. Try using a style app like style book to keep track of what you own and play abit with outfits - might make using your own stuff more fun?

hugoagogo Sun 14-Feb-16 18:24:09

I like refashionista she alters charity shop clothes.

I find her generally entertaining and a nice change from people just buying more and more stuff.

Expellibramus Mon 15-Feb-16 00:15:42

Ah thank you Blue, I didn't know Unfancy was back smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now