Can't wait for Skechers weather again!

(24 Posts)
Petal02 Sun 14-Feb-16 12:09:12

Ok, so I know my Go Walks are not a fashion item, but they're just so wonderful/handy/comfy to pop on and runaround in. I miss them in the winter months, and I never find winter footwear quite as blissful to wear.

Roll on Spring! Sorry if this makes me really sad.

bloodyteenagers Sun 14-Feb-16 12:12:35

I wear Skechers all year round. Didn't realise there was a season for them.

Petal02 Sun 14-Feb-16 12:13:59

There's a Skechers season for me, simply because I don't find them warm enough (or weatherproof) in the winter.

leccybill Sun 14-Feb-16 12:18:04

Haha, I was admiring a pair in Sports Direct yesterday and DH said 'you know your life is pretty much over if you buy them'... Then I tried them on, oh Lordy it was like having two clouds on my feet, so I bought them.

Petal02 Sun 14-Feb-16 12:28:13

That made me smile Ieccy! There's plenty of life left in me yet, I'm 46, and I shall enjoy it all the more with happy feet!

bloodyteenagers Sun 14-Feb-16 12:46:04

You know they also do boots?

MargotLovedTom Sun 14-Feb-16 12:50:36

I can see the appeal of walking around on two clouds but I just can't bring myself to wear the same shoes as my 78 year old MIL wink.

Waxlyrically Sun 14-Feb-16 12:52:59

I have some black leather "go walks" - bliss all year round!

RascarCapac Sun 14-Feb-16 12:58:08

Where did you get the black leather ones from??

I get the comfort/style tension. I mostly wear my pair round the house as slippers. They are mighty comfortable, that's for sure. I also use them if I am travelling - v good for airports and planes, pop them in the wash afterwards.

Pooseyfrumpture Sun 14-Feb-16 13:19:06

Rocco Ritchie was pictured in the DM yesterday wearing what looked like black Go walks with socks and some really awful jeans I did wonder when they had become trendy hmm

Turquoiseskies Sun 14-Feb-16 15:33:37

I have some Skechers chugga boots for the winter. The warmest and comfiest boots ever.

Perfectlypurple Sun 14-Feb-16 15:34:59

I've got a couple of pairs of Skechers ugg style boots. I love them and dreading it being too war to wear them.

Waxlyrically Sun 14-Feb-16 17:08:55

Black leathers were from Amazon I think they were called "go walk under cover" They look fine with black opaque tights etc although they wouldn't win any style awards!

DoreenLethal Sun 14-Feb-16 17:13:04

I had to get some for my plantar fascitus; pure heaven.

RascarCapac Sun 14-Feb-16 17:23:30

Ah thanks Wax. Agree re "style" but at least they are pretty neutral. They are just so darned comfortable (and I'm aware it's a slippery slope, that ends up in Hotter!!)

bloodyteenagers Sun 14-Feb-16 17:29:24

Skechers became trendy when schlebs started doing ads for them. Until then I could easily pick up a pair of trainers or boots for less than £20.. Now it's a lot harder. Although probably done me a favor lol, as I have more than enough.

CoperCabana Sun 14-Feb-16 17:32:07

Oh god, I love my Granny Skechers. Only just learnt them. Like clouds on feet. I have two really uncool pairs - relaxed fit for my dodgy foot. Bliss!

Waxlyrically Sun 14-Feb-16 17:32:50

Indeed rascar - hotter you say? ... Hmm some of those look OK it might be too late for me!

RascarCapac Sun 14-Feb-16 17:36:11

Fight it Wax, fight it!

Lifeisdinky Sun 14-Feb-16 17:40:44

I have the ugg style boots and they are so warm and comfortable..

In the summer I found the best when swimming in lake with pebbles at the edge. Whilst others were hoping from one foot to the other or trying to wedge flip flops so they wouldn't float away I strolled in and swam in my black leather go walks then walked back out again - they were ideal

Maryz Sun 14-Feb-16 17:42:14

I gave in and bought these recently.

I wear them for dog-walking and rugby watching, and I lurrrrve them.

I accept I am old and sad but I still love them

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Sun 14-Feb-16 17:43:47

They do boots grin!!
I have 2 pairs but they are not awfully cosy.
I more or less abandoned all other footwear.
Style schmyle wink.

Tatie3 Sun 14-Feb-16 17:50:30

I was just about to post about these, we're taking the kids to Edinburgh Zoo at Easter and I'll be 34 weeks pregnant. From what I remember there's a LOT of ground to cover, do you think these will be comfy and roomy enough for fat swollen feet?

Maryz Sun 14-Feb-16 18:14:11

I have fat swollen feet and am not pregnant

I find them incredibly comfortable. They are warm too - the insoles have warmtech memory foam written on them, whatever that means - but they seem to keep my feet warm even on a touchline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now