Talk

Advanced search

Any bath and body works fans here?

(19 Posts)
Hotpatootietimewarp Sun 14-Feb-16 08:13:12

I ordered some of eBay a little while ago after hearing people in America love them, I spotted a few sellers who have lots of different scents of shower gel, body lotion, fragrance mists and candles and now I am hooked!

So anyone else here who loves them? What's your favourite scents?

So far I love the new iced pear margarita range and hibiscus guava Fresca range. I have a couple of candles too which are amazing. Their fragrance must is great too, got my first ever compliment at work the other day whilst wearing the cotton and lemonade scent!

I honestly think they are better than the body shop or lush, the scents just seem to last so much longer. Even the shower gel lingers even after drying and I've never had that!

CheerfulYank Sun 14-Feb-16 08:15:58

Yes, but I'm American so it's all I know smile

Love Twisted Peppermint at Christmas!

Hotpatootietimewarp Sun 14-Feb-16 08:18:05

I'll have to try that one come Christmas again, that's if they still have it as I have seen from their Facebook page that they don't keep scents for too long before changing them!

I so wish they would ship to the uk though as there is a limited choice on eBay.

I think I maybe slightly obsessed!

ditavonteesed Sun 14-Feb-16 08:20:47

I haven't seen bath and body works for years but when I first met dh I had a cherry lip gloss and I can still smell it now, it was my favourite thing ever. We went to america and I bought a load of stuff but it all ran out years ago. You say I can get it off ebay? I wonder if they still do the cherry lip gloss.

nickdrakeslovechild Sun 14-Feb-16 08:29:40

Yes! We used to have a shop here before they closed all their uk stores. So sad they closed down. Gorgeous smells. Can we get a petition going to bring them back?

HermioneWeasley Sun 14-Feb-16 08:33:52

I love their vanilla sugar range and their minty lipglosses

FrustratedFrugal Sun 14-Feb-16 09:44:15

I have some BBW Coconut Lime Verbena mini toiletries from hotel stays in the US. It's a pleasant tropical smell, I enjoy having them around, would not overdo it but enjoy them in hand soaps and shower gels. I see BBW as the US equivalent of L'Occitane and Yves Rocher. I don't like Body Shop or Lush at all.

NNalreadyinuse Sun 14-Feb-16 09:49:21

I love them too. Got some shea butter stuff for Christmas from sil and my brother, who came over from America for Christmas.
Had a look on amazon UK and then compared prices with amazon.com and cant make myself pay the UK cost!

Its lovely stuff though, and not tested on animals, which I also appreciate.

mowglik Sun 14-Feb-16 10:13:27

I love their stuff, I had a cherry body lotion which smelt so gorgeous, and the scent lasted as well which was a lovely bonus. Currently have a pear and cashmere woods which is nice but Ill be buying the cherry lotion again when this one is finished.

I had a chance to go to a bath and body works shop when we were away over Xmas and totally forgot to stop in the shop before we left - still gutted when I think of the happy hour i could have spent in there sniffing away.

I get mine from eBay and it works out around £5-7 per bottle of body lotion

Hotpatootietimewarp Sun 14-Feb-16 11:35:34

There is a seller on eBay who is going buy 2 get one free on shower gel and body lotion that's how I have got so obsessed! I just love the tropical coconut scents.

Also really rate their anti bac hand sanitizers, I work in healthcare and they are far better for my hands than the nhs issue ones which wrecked my hands!

sulee Sun 14-Feb-16 21:39:56

I used to love Bath and Body Works when they had stores in the UK. Some of my favourites were the shampoos, warm vanilla sugar and Japanese Cherry Blossom fragrances. I emailed them to plead for them to re-open stores over here but heard nothing back! Have to make do with the odd ebay treat and visits to the States now.....

CheerfulYank Tue 16-Feb-16 14:27:24

I should go into business ebaying the stuff grin

MardAsSnails Tue 16-Feb-16 14:30:13

The twisted peppermint at Christmas is awesome. I'm too wary of going into the stores to try other stuff out as I'm highly allergic to many things, but someone bought me the candles and they're fab.

MadisonMontgomery Tue 16-Feb-16 16:08:15

Why did they close the UK stores? I used to love Bath & Bodyworks. I do buy stuff off eBay but it's not the same sad

Kathysclown Tue 16-Feb-16 16:13:24

I LOVE the Fresh Brazil Citrus body lotion and body spray - think piña colada with a bit more zest! Also have the French Lavender and Honey, and Wild Honeysuckle ranges - both lovely too. Didn't realize you couldn't get them in the UK now, will get some to take with me on visits home :-)

Hotpatootietimewarp Tue 16-Feb-16 16:33:26

I've got the French lavender and honey scrub it's lovely and yes to the candles they are amazing I've got a twilight woods one, sunshine bright verbena and a Caribbean escape mason jar, just lovely

Beketaten Tue 16-Feb-16 20:17:41

Yes, I always stock up when I can! Love the tropical scents in summer, plus Vanilla Bean Noel at Christmas. I also like the portable hand sanitisers and the plug-in room fragrances - got one in the UAE as they have the same sockets as us!

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Tue 16-Feb-16 21:15:07

I loved them too. Plumeria is a scent I remember.

MissBattleaxe Wed 17-Feb-16 14:15:47

I love the stuff. Whilst on holiday in the states I came out with two carrier bags full. It's good value too- there was an offer for 3 fragrance spritzes for $20. The shop smells good too.

My favourites though are the scented anti bac hand gels. I bought about 8 of them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now