Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me a primer

(21 Posts)
Ponymagic Sat 13-Feb-16 13:18:23

Will be in Boots and Debenham. What can I try - something to minimise pore would be good but no access to Benefit counter.

Thanks!

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sat 13-Feb-16 13:22:15

Smashbox

Ponymagic Sat 13-Feb-16 13:30:29

Looks great but just checked website and no outlet where I'm going .... Grrrrr. Any other recommendations pls?

MidnightRun Sat 13-Feb-16 13:33:23

Mua primer is good and cheap! Has tea tree in it so great for pores.. Think it's about £4 in superdrug.. it's more moisturising than giving you a polyfilla feel if that makes sense

NanTheWiser Sat 13-Feb-16 18:17:01

If you are near Tesco's, the Barbara Daly one is great, I keep going back to it, and at £9.99 is a good price too.

Ponymagic Sat 13-Feb-16 20:15:10

Thanks ladies ... it's ages since I've been in that particular branch of Debenhams and they now have Mac, Urban Decay and Benefit along with the usual counters. Ended up with the Benefit Porefessional primer and also a Benefit eyebrow gel thing that she recommended over a powder or pencil. My brows looked good when she did them but I bet I won't achieve the same look!

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sat 13-Feb-16 20:28:24

I came on to suggest smash box too, do they not stock them in boots?

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sat 13-Feb-16 20:29:19

Oh sorry, somehow I missed that you'd already got one! Maybe I should put down the wine... not a chance

Ponymagic Sat 13-Feb-16 20:29:47

It's quite a small Boots Snuffle and I didn't see them. I'll give this one a go and have Smashbox on my list for next to try.

ICanSeeForMiles Sat 13-Feb-16 20:33:12

Right ponymagic bear with me here grin
Try Lanacane anti chafe gel in the yellow tube.Apparently almost identical ingredients to smashbox and a fraction of the price.
Wherever I use it when I'm out on the lash I wake up in the morning looking but not feeling like I could walk out the door and start again.
(Found this tip on Mrs Gloss fb page, brilliant)

ICanSeeForMiles Sat 13-Feb-16 20:34:38

Bugger, just RTFT and saw you've been already.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sat 13-Feb-16 20:35:49

Are you in your third glass of wine too, miles?

herecomesmytrain Sat 13-Feb-16 20:35:53

Another vote for Smashbox. Free delivery and samples from their website too. Although I've heard you get much the same effect from lanacane anti chafing gel...(not tried this myself)

herecomesmytrain Sat 13-Feb-16 20:37:08

X post with miles grin

AdoraBell Sat 13-Feb-16 20:49:53

Place marking for Miles's tips grin

Hope the things you bought work for well for you OP

ICanSeeForMiles Sat 13-Feb-16 20:59:44

Haha snuffle I'm on my 3rd beer grin

adora I'll see what I can bring to the party grin

Ponymagic Sat 13-Feb-16 22:04:15

Bummer .... wish I'd come home and ordered the Smashbox stuff now that so many of you rave about it. Has anyone tried Benefit? Anti-chaf gel? Really? Do you apply to entire face? Is it not sticky? Sorry, so many questions but am amazed!

Moln Sat 13-Feb-16 22:11:39

If it's a small Boots try the Rimmel primer. It's very good.

GameofSoldiers Sun 14-Feb-16 07:22:41

I just bought the W7 primer from Amazon and apparently it's a dupe for the Smashbox one. Just a couple of quid and it has amazing reviews. I haven't tried it yet as I'm finishing off my Rimmel fix and perfect.

rhodes2015 Sun 14-Feb-16 07:38:00

i like benefits porefessional so think thats a good pick! smashbox is very good, foundation glides on after! im using estee lauders illuminating primer at the moment, as i use estee lauder doublewear foundation. would also recommend this especially if you use EL DW as it stops it feeling cakey.

astronomy Sun 14-Feb-16 07:56:56

shu uemura, it's a really nice mousse but keeps everything in place, esp good in summer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now