Talk

Advanced search

Seasalt jackets/coats

(19 Posts)
Ughnotagain Sat 13-Feb-16 10:51:30

Opinions please. I've been thinking about the Seafolly jacket since summer but not been able to justify getting it. Ideally I'd like it in jewel but I've just seen it in tomato in the sale and it seems too good to pass up...

But, but, then I saw this one and I don't know if it might be a better bet?

I don't know. I'm short and a size 10. I have a red duffle coat I wear mostly at the minute but it's getting a bit knackered. Plus it's my birthday soon and I feel like a treat!

Also, as a bonus, if you have one of these coats and could tell me what type of bag you also wear with it that would be helpful!

UnDeuxTroisCatsSank Sat 13-Feb-16 10:52:31

They do suit a shorter person. The cut is quite odd in my opinion for taller people.

Ughnotagain Sat 13-Feb-16 11:02:19

Yeah, they look a bit short on the models, but one of the reviews is from someone who's 5'3 and says it covers their bum. I'm 5'1 so hopefully it'd be the same.

Rshard Sat 13-Feb-16 11:12:25

I've got a sea folly jacket and absolutely love it. I've worn it so much, so a good purchase. I'm 5, 2 and it covers my bottom!

They quite often have vouchers online and in store. Maybe sign up on their webpage to get voucher? You can always unsubscribe after

Ughnotagain Sat 13-Feb-16 11:40:30

Yeah I definitely need to get a voucher!

How warm is the Seafolly?

Rshard Sat 13-Feb-16 12:00:53

I've worn mine lots over this winter, sometimes with a sweater underneath. It's been a wet mild winter though. A friend has a longer seasalt coat that's waterproof and has a fluffy lining that's super cosy but that's a lot longer so would like quite bulky on me being shorter.

I'm losing weight at the moment and will definitely be buying a smaller replacement.

I don't know where you are but there's a seasalt outlet shop near Lichfield in Staffordshire. I've not been but know people who have, possibly a bit hit and miss with stock?

Ughnotagain Sat 13-Feb-16 12:34:45

Ah I'm in Yorkshire, no stores nearby.

I still carry the baby a lot in a sling on my front so I'm usually quite warm, and even when I don't have her with me I walk quite quickly so I'm rarely cold.

I think I might be sold. Now to decide whether I can justify the extra £50 for the green one versus tomato...

Rshard Sat 13-Feb-16 13:05:12

Go for it!
Mine is blue which is lovely but think my smaller replacement one will be a brighter colour.

Seasalt don't have many stores in the north but often have concessions. John Lewis etc but a small shop near me on a marina sells a selection of their stuff so def worth doing a local Google search

MegBusset Sat 13-Feb-16 13:08:21

I've got the Tiller in orange and I LOVE it. I'm a short size 10 and it's a perfect length for me, covers the bum nicely. It is really cosy.

lovelychops Sat 13-Feb-16 13:20:22

I've got it in tomato - because it was in the sale. It's a lovely colour in real life! Really pleased with it.
Definitely sign up for emails and get discount codes, it's the only way I could afford mine! It's also warmer than you'd think

Ughnotagain Sat 13-Feb-16 13:23:03

I suppose if I don't like it I can always send it back smile

IntelligentPutty Sat 13-Feb-16 13:31:54

OOhhh.. lovely coat..

What's the fit like, Are they big / small sizes.. I'd say I'm a big (short!) 12 or a small 14.
I'm very tempted by tomato at such a good price..

TheUltimate Sat 13-Feb-16 13:34:13

I have the Tiller coat in green and at 5'9" in size 10 it still goes past my bum! It's very comfy.

TheUltimate Sat 13-Feb-16 13:35:48

Intelligent, they run large. I wear a 10 despite being a 12 in clothes and there's still plenty of room for a chunky knit jumper.

museumum Sat 13-Feb-16 13:36:30

I much prefer the furry hood one.

Not sure about the sea folly. Maybe if you live in warm Cornwall but not up here.

Ughnotagain Sat 13-Feb-16 13:41:15

TheUltimate ha if the Tiller is that long then that kind of makes my decision then. I'd look an absolute fool in it probably!

IntelligentPutty Sat 13-Feb-16 13:44:49

Super. Thanks Ultimate.
Very important to have the room for chunky jumper underneath

FairyBiker Sat 13-Feb-16 13:49:23

I prefer the pockets on the Seafolly

Have had a seasalt janelle coat for 3 maybe 4 years, it's great, roomy, warm, waterproof!

PetronellaOsgood Sat 13-Feb-16 13:49:25

I have the seafolly jacket in bright yellow. I'm 5ft 2 and a size 10. It fits beautifully. I wore it loads in the spring/summer last year. It keeps you dry and warm to, with a jumper underneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now