combination skin - skincare and foundation advice please!

(9 Posts)
Pixilicious Fri 12-Feb-16 11:10:29

Hi, I'm looking for some tried and tested advice for my greasy nose please! I'm 43 and in the last few years I have developed a really greasy and red nose. I have tried a variety of different skincare products and nine of them seem to to the trick.

I am also looking for a foundation that won't slide off by lunchtime, ideally I prefer a Matt finish/mineral/powder. I'm currently using smashbox halo hydrating and their photo finish primer, I was hopeful that this would work but I am sat here with a shiny nose so I'm guessing not!!

theladylovescupcakes Fri 12-Feb-16 11:15:48

I'm going to lurk, I'm greasy too, forehead particularly, so keen to see product recommendations.

saggyboobs1 Fri 12-Feb-16 11:17:19

Me too sad

Stripeybeachhut Fri 12-Feb-16 11:19:03

Try using neutrogena oil free moisturiser which also works as a primer and clarins everlasting foundation, or Estée Lauder double wear, followed by a translucent powder to set and if you look too matte then dust some sort of highlighter all over your face or just on the forehead cheeks and nose.

Stripeybeachhut Fri 12-Feb-16 11:22:13

I have also found that after removing my make up in the evening then nip and fab dragons blood cleansing pads are great as a second cleanse and toner in one ( that's how I use them). Because my skin doesn't really like moisturiser I have started using clarins lotus oil at night which has really balanced my skin out. I use just 3 drops.

Pixilicious Fri 12-Feb-16 11:33:44

Ooh thanks, I'll get the dragons blood and neutropenia. Just spend £76 on the foundation and primer so I'll need to stick with those for a bit but hopefully the other recommendations will help.

vanillabeauty Fri 12-Feb-16 12:12:25

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?path=%2Fen%2FClinique-Anti-Blemish-Solutions-Liquid-Makeup-30ml_1042730%2F&colId=Cashew&unCountry=uk This foundation is amazing on my combination skin. I moisturise leave it to sink in for 15 mins, blot face with a tissue to remove any product not absorbed, then apply. I don't use primer (they always seem to 'ball up' with me), but this lasts all day.

saggyboobs1 Fri 12-Feb-16 12:14:07

Pixilicious, why don't you try going to a Clarins counter, explaining what you need and ask for a sample? No point spending £27 if it isn't going to work for you. I use that foundation and I like it - I've always found the Debenhams ladies very generous with testers!

Pixilicious Sat 13-Feb-16 11:23:43

Good thinking saggy, I'll get a sample first (why haven't I thought of that??)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now