Talk

Advanced search

Can you please suggest a jean brand for me?

(16 Posts)
tinkywinkyshandbag Thu 11-Feb-16 21:56:29

I normally buy per una (shhhh...) but find that although they look ok at first they fade and go baggy. So I am looking for:

Dark wash
Narrow straight leg (not skinny)
Curvy fit i.e go in at the waist and generous of bottom
A hint of lycra
No embroidery or embellishments of any kind

Good quality that will not go baggy/fade quickly. Size 16/18.

Not hideously expensive.

Is such a thing even possible??

Thanks!

Ponymagic Thu 11-Feb-16 22:12:34

Gap True Resolution - although not sure whether they do a straight leg but worth a look!

sneepy Fri 12-Feb-16 07:00:04

I can't imagine any jeans less generous of bottom than m&s! Jigsaw jeans are good for curves but they are a bit pricey. Uniqlo has straight styles and Gap has just about everything.

tinkywinkyshandbag Fri 12-Feb-16 23:30:38

Thanks, will get myself to gap although I find their sizing confusing...

Freefalling123 Fri 12-Feb-16 23:35:43

I love next jeans. I'm a size 10 top but a 12 bottom, I have a small waist but a tummy and a bit of an arse and thighs, hence the 12. I love my next high waisted jeans, which keep everything in I.e my fat belly but they're trendy and really comfy, because they have a stretch to them

Think they were £28, only quite recently. They do different leg widths in this high waist style - I've got slim, but the pay do boot cut and straight I think too

mrsvilliers Sat 13-Feb-16 07:13:37

Sainsburys! Sounds like you are a similar shape to me and I have had great success with Sainsbury's jeans, particularly their high waisted skinnies. I wear jeans pretty continously and they last me about a year with minimal fading. Gap straight are also good but more expensive and I've found fade more quickly.

mrsvilliers Sat 13-Feb-16 07:14:43

Oh and Sainsbury's 'skinny' not exactly skinny btw if that makes sense smile

Chocolateteabag Sat 13-Feb-16 07:18:22

Levi's 714 cut -
Try from zalando as you can usually get £10 off first order plus free del and returns

Or Levi's Demi Curve - harder to find but if you can check your size there are lots on eBay xx

ontherightpath Sat 13-Feb-16 08:14:30

I love max mara jeans. I'm a curvy 10/12 and they always tick all the boxes you described - a bit of stretch, go in at the waist, straight not skinny leg etc. They also cover my tummy very nicely. I wash them with a dark colour wash at 30degrees and they have all kept their colour and shape really well.

paulapantsdown Sat 13-Feb-16 09:39:05

Lots of good ideas here, but mostly from size 10/12 women! I am same size as you OP and finding nice jeans is the holy grail for me. Those Levi 714 are far too low rise for anyone with a belly!

Birdienumnums Sat 13-Feb-16 09:47:19

I have no suggestions but am place marking because I'm the same size and all my favourite jeans have died.

BabeBettaKnow Sat 13-Feb-16 09:54:35

Levi Curve?

mrsmortis Sat 13-Feb-16 10:15:17

I love Old Navy jeans. But I'm not sure you'd want to ship them from the US without being sure that they'd fit though. I like the Curvy Bootcut ones.

There's also the nice feel when you order US sizes becuase you buy 2 sizes smaller. It's the only time I am ever going to by a size 8 for myself!

Rinceoir Sat 13-Feb-16 13:34:50

I have [[ www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=141530002&vid=1&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdkw=stretch-1969-true-skinny-high-rise-jeans-P141530&sdReferer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ie%2]]F I think they do them in straight leg too. I have a 14 inch difference between waist and hips, and a large backside, huge thighs and they fit really well. I'm normally a 14/16 in trousers at the moment and the 14 fit perfectly.

Oly5 Sat 13-Feb-16 14:27:00

Lucky Brand fit my very curvy figure perfectly. I always buy mine in the US but am sure they sell them here. Last forever too. I don't like cheap jeans that fade

KanyesVest Sat 13-Feb-16 14:34:13

Mango Alice are lovely and cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now