Talk

Advanced search

Possible to have 'rock chick' hair in mid 30's?

(25 Posts)
BlimeyCrikey Thu 11-Feb-16 21:46:49

How would I go about that? Something I can wear daily without faff, mid-length and suitable for every-day at the school gates as well as gigs?

Is there such a style?

Ididnthearanything Thu 11-Feb-16 21:55:23

I only have the answer you don't want to hear: no such thing exists. Soz.

Or if it does, I'd love to know about it.

Glitteryfrog Thu 11-Feb-16 21:59:05

Depends what you mean?
Choppy and messy?
Dyed black
Dyed pink

I've got a bob which is straight for work and can be curled or dried wavy at other times.

BearFoxBear Thu 11-Feb-16 22:07:59

I have naturally wavy hair cut into a layered mid-length bob, it sits just on my shoulders and no more, and it's really easy to look after. I wash it twice a week, stick it up in a bun at night with a little bit of coconut oil, and it's lovely and wavy in the morning. I literally take the bun down, run my fingers through it, and that's it.

FancyPuffin Thu 11-Feb-16 22:15:25

Mines blue and turquoise and I'm 33 very late 20s.

It's mainly stuffed up in a bun though, so probably not very rock grin

WhataRacquet Thu 11-Feb-16 22:19:17

Something like this?

HardRockHallelujah Thu 11-Feb-16 22:23:11

I have the answer and the haircut too smile Mine is just above shoulderl length and streaked very blonde with dark routes (intentional). Then I have a gradeo one mohican (sp?) undercut. Voila, wear it up with the shaved parts showing and you have rock chick. Wear it straight and down or in al low ponytail and you have an office / anywhere look.

You'rew welcome wink

BlimeyCrikey Thu 11-Feb-16 23:50:09

Thanks everyone. Bear that sounds great, kind of like this?

BlimeyCrikey Thu 11-Feb-16 23:51:11

Whataracket that fringe would drive me nuts! Love the rest of it though.

BlimeyCrikey Thu 11-Feb-16 23:52:13

Hardrock ooh...not sure I'm brave enough to get an undercut. Not quite sure that's me, either. Sounds awesome for someone bolder though.

BearFoxBear Fri 12-Feb-16 00:04:10

Exactly that OP! That was the picture that I gave my hairdresser smile

BlimeyCrikey Fri 12-Feb-16 09:16:54

Bear my hair is naturally very curly but in more recent years it has got less so, now it's had years of straightening and is more straight than anything! I'm sure I could get some wave back - so you just put into a bun at night? Are we talking messy-bath-bun (you know, just a not-pulled-through pony tail) or proper bun?

Elizabethreallyismissing Fri 12-Feb-16 09:27:31

I have that hair & I'm 49! I run the straighteners through the bottom layer then add some texturing wax to the top layer! I love it!

squoosh Fri 12-Feb-16 11:07:25

Well Chrissie Hynde has had her rock chick hairstyle for aeons now and she's in her mid 60s. I'd be very sad if she decided to go for an 'age appropriate' sleek bob!

Age is no barrier, only crap hair stylists are grin

tangerinesarenottheonlyfruit Fri 12-Feb-16 11:18:05

Great haircut - just careful you mind these essential tips:

Top 20 things no woman should wear after 30

grin

(Sadly not my original thoughts - stolen from @undeadmolly )

BlimeyCrikey Fri 12-Feb-16 12:05:16

Tangerine - brilliant!

All noted and advice taken, hair dresser booked. Thank you!

Glamorousglitter Fri 12-Feb-16 12:05:28

I had that hair cut, chopped it shorter now trying to go back to it. What do I ask the hairdresser for though ? How do I describe it ? Long bob with some light layers, or is there lots of layers in that ?

BlimeyCrikey Fri 12-Feb-16 12:11:15

GlamorousGlitter I'm just going to show the picture.

BearFoxBear Fri 12-Feb-16 15:26:49

A messy bath bun OP smile

Glamorousglitter Fri 12-Feb-16 15:33:37

Yeah bear smile guess that s the obvious thing to do - facepalm*

Kennington Fri 12-Feb-16 15:43:38

Yes I have that Christie hynde cut plus trashy highlights and I work in a corporate environment and no one carers - go for it!

specialsubject Fri 12-Feb-16 17:37:21

never seemed to give Debbie Harry a problem. She was mid-30s in her Blondie heyday. And if you scroll down you can see she still looks good at twice that.

www.theguardian.com/fashion/gallery/2015/jul/01/debbie-harry-at-70-in-pictures

WhatSheZed Fri 12-Feb-16 21:12:12

😀

mamacasshadahairyass Fri 12-Feb-16 21:32:58

My hair's kind of David Coverdale "Still of the Night" era but with a better fringe than raquet's photo

BlimeyCrikey Fri 12-Feb-16 21:38:15

WhatSheZed I love that look. Short layers in there scare me though, I worry about it looking too thin, not to mention needing to bung it up into a band for late mornings up/rain days etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now