Talk

Advanced search

If you were going to buy new glasses now, what style would you buy?

(12 Posts)
Sadik Thu 11-Feb-16 20:48:46

Particularly if you're small-faced (is that the way to put it? I often need to go to the teen range for size) & have short hair.

I've been dithering over new frames for ages, and I'm feeling now that the heavier dark frame styles are becoming a bit passé, but can't decide. DH hates whatever I try on that isn't just like what I have right now grin

I have these from the teen range and absolutely love them. I also have these but they are a bit scary and I haven't actually worn them!

Sadik Thu 11-Feb-16 21:00:28

I really like those first tortoiseshell ones, Remus. I think the others might be a bit scary for me, too!

MissSmiley Thu 11-Feb-16 21:02:24

Cutler and gross but there isn't one near me. Waiting for a trip to London to try them on.

I have a friend who has the second pair and looks good in them, but I think I need something softer.

AalyaSecura Thu 11-Feb-16 21:07:16

I tried on what felt like a million a couple of months ago, I have a v small face so really hard to find the right pair. Ended up with these - very happy with them!

IWannaHoldYourHand Thu 11-Feb-16 21:10:56

I have round tortoise shell glasses, and a pair of tortoise shell horn rimmed glasses.

AmberNectarine Thu 11-Feb-16 22:01:24

I have a really small face with a v narrow nose. As such I just can't wear most frame and definitely not moulded plastic because they just slide down my nose. Also have a super high, complex prescription which means I have to choose smallish frames as otherwise the lenses would be like upvc Windows.

As such, I have these which aren't exciting but look ok and were cheap!

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 11-Feb-16 22:10:43

I got some new ones at the end of last year - black cat's eyes with leopard print legs. I wear lenses about 95% of the time other than at home, but I do really like them, and they suit my style. Mine are from the London Retro range at Glasses Direct.

Sadik Thu 11-Feb-16 22:12:15

I rather like those green ones, Amber. I mostly wear contact lenses, so reasonably cheap is good.

Floisme Thu 11-Feb-16 22:27:59

My current pair are Oliver Peoples but they seem to have stopped making them. I have a small face too and I really like the cats eye shape - they give me cheekbones.

I'll probably get a new pair later this year and I've got my eye on these if I can persuade my optician to order them. Very tempted by the green:
www.faceaface-paris.com/product/?lang=en&id=SELMA1%2F3033&col=530

Floisme Thu 11-Feb-16 22:28:46

They won't be cheap though - may have to send my son out to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now