Would you get your 11 yr son face care products and if so what?

(17 Posts)
Pancakeflipper Thu 11-Feb-16 18:45:37

DS is 11.
I want him to get into a good routine with face care ( washing it mainly, not just with a sponge with shower gel in the shower).

He's not impressed with my idea so it needs to take up very little time!

Are there any products on the market aimed at him. Was thinking of just getting Simple products as a starter for him.

Am I barking mad and he doesn't need it ?

deepdarkwood Thu 11-Feb-16 18:47:50

Ds has a face wash (bulldog brand) - he sometimes seems to remember to use it (he was 12 yesterday :-)) I would get him something a bit cool/teen to make it more likely he'd use it...

OrchidFlakes Thu 11-Feb-16 18:59:27

Scaramouche and fandango are popular here!

Tate15 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:02:02

Zesteen
the-bees-knees.co.uk/shop/12-boys

And

Good things
www.goodthingsbeauty.com

FreshsatsumaforDd Thu 11-Feb-16 19:08:46

I buy Simple face wipes for Ds. He likes them! They are often on offer too.

Dorisdolalee Thu 11-Feb-16 19:25:37

Sam farmer

Mildpanic Thu 11-Feb-16 19:32:35

I buy my 11 year old face wipes as he has a few minor skin eruptions. He is happy to use them and it has helped a lot. I can't see him washing his face. Barely get him to brush his teeth.

caroldecker Thu 11-Feb-16 20:21:06

Why does he need a routine?

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 11-Feb-16 20:23:32

My 13 and 11 year old use the Lush coal face soap. The younger one is the one that has had a few spots TBH but they both happily use it.

cressetmama Thu 11-Feb-16 20:29:50

Sam Farmer Face Wash to start with. Then there's a good holiday starter set with everything from shampoo and body wash, in a sensible packable bag.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 11-Feb-16 20:39:03

Boots Tea Tree
I buy the cleansing pads, night time moisturiser and the double ended 'wand' for DS to use at night.

He's got Cetaphil for in the shower.

And a Bulldog gift set (he's older than your DS, mine is 16 and shaves)

It's never too early to get them in a good routine .
My DS asks for these, it's "Mum can you get me........"

Stripeybeachhut Thu 11-Feb-16 20:50:28

Mine will be using the simple face wash that I no longer use grin and stocked up on before I learnt the error of my ways. For the time being though it's just water and a flannel in the shower or bath.

wearymum73 Thu 11-Feb-16 21:12:12

I brought no7 range for my DS who was 11, I first got sample for face wash (I asked the lady for a sample at the desk),this lasted 2 weeks, I then brought the whole bottle with a £5 off no7 voucher.. So was only £4, I then got the moisturiser on a voucher too, again only £2.50.
Having battles to get him to use it though... Tonight is one of them...been 5 mins so far....he seems to think he needs a full outbreak before he will use :-(

midnightmoomoo Thu 11-Feb-16 21:24:28

My 12 year old DS uses the Clearasil pads which help keep the spots at bay.

madmotherof2 Thu 11-Feb-16 22:04:30

My 12 year old has the Nivea for men sensitive face wash for daily use ifhecanbebothered, and clean and clear blue liquid stuff with cotton wool pads that he uses a couple of times a week

mintbiscuit Thu 11-Feb-16 22:22:25

Heehee. My 12 year old ds just came in and asked for some spot cream for his first pimple. I opened up my arsenal and said "you've come to the right place". grin

Pancakeflipper Fri 12-Feb-16 18:24:39

Showed DS1 some of the suggestions - he's less resistant to the idea.

Thanks for the ideas ! Hoping he doesn't suffer the extreme teen pimples like his father did (who never understood the need to look after your skin).

Good luck MintB - hope the 1st pimple isn't too big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now