Talk

Advanced search

Coverup for hot weather

(7 Posts)
LadyPriggsbottom Thu 11-Feb-16 16:14:00

I'm going to a wedding in the summer. It is abroad and it will be hot. I like to keep my bingo wings shoulders and the tops of my arms covered up but can't seem to find anything which I won't be boiling in. Would normally wear jacket or cardi / shrug. I could wear a dress with sleeves obviously but think I'd be hot and they also seem to be thin on the ground (except for some polyester ones which I would also probably be boiling in).

Any ideas appreciated.

raracleopatra Thu 11-Feb-16 17:52:10

I think you need a lightweight/sheer pashmina shawl that you could just drape over your arms and shoulders, you could then wear this over a sleeveless dress to keep cool.

LadyPriggsbottom Thu 11-Feb-16 18:32:44

Oh that sounds ideal. Will have a hunt - thanks!

DianaT1969 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:46:47

Personally I don't enjoy holding a wrap around me during an event - I don't feel free. Awkward to eat/dance with - even with a pin or brooch in. Would prefer a white cotton dress with cool angel sleeves or in a kaftan style. Can be dressed up with hair up and bling sandals.

astronomy Thu 11-Feb-16 19:47:51

a thin sheer kimono top?

raracleopatra Thu 11-Feb-16 20:11:10

http://www.johnlewis.com/gina-bacconi-chiffon-shawl/p1859479?colour=Pink

LadyPriggsbottom Thu 11-Feb-16 21:54:51

Thanks all.

I've just managed to procure a 100% cotton dress which has short sleeves and isn't super short. I got it from eBay as couldn't find anything I liked in the usual shops. Will try it on and see how it looks and feels. If it's a no go I have my eye on a sleeveless dress plus that lovely shawl rara posted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now