Talk

Advanced search

Cleansing oil/balm for highly sensitive skin

(28 Posts)
Indecisivejo Tue 09-Feb-16 07:55:05

Can any one recommend one?
I've already tried and reacted to.....*Clinique ttdo balm (gutted as fragrance free so had high hopes)
*lush ultra bland, *liz Earle c&p, dermalogica pre cleanse.
There's prob more but can't remember lol. I want one that doesn't leave an irritating residue and doesn't take an age to remove!
Any ideas?

Millionprammiles Tue 09-Feb-16 08:38:58

My skin tends to react to lots of products (inc Liz Earle and Lush). I've been using Body Shop Camomile cleansing balm for the last few months with no breakouts. I use damp cotton wool to take it off (I don't rinse with water).

It depends if your skin is dry as well as sensitive - mine is v dry so the 'oiliness' of the balm tends to sink in, especially first thing in the morning.
Not sure whether it would suit less dry skins.

Floisme Tue 09-Feb-16 08:53:50

I use either almond or coconut oil and wipe off with a flannel. I have very sensitive skin and have never been able to work out what sets it off but never had a problem with these.

They're cheap too smile

Like the previous poster, my skin's a bit dry.

vanillabeauty Tue 09-Feb-16 08:54:40

www.nealsyardremedies.com/skincare/2362.html If you can afford this, my skin was very sensitive after chemotherapy and this stuff was amazing. I currently use loreal facial cleansing oil www.superdrug.com/Facial-Oils/L%27Oréal-Paris-Extraordinary-Facial-Cleansing-Oil-150ml/p/639953?gclid=CLD0ppGn6soCFYoEwwod47MJUw&gclsrc=aw.ds my skin was irritated the first time I used it, but has now adjusted. Although it is not as sensitive as it was.

Indecisivejo Tue 09-Feb-16 09:08:50

Thanks so far people, I was considering the body shop one but it has perfume in it so am very wary but may try.
Didn't like almond oil when I used it to remove eye makeup before and not a lover of coconut.
The neals yard one is way too expensive (I already use expensive cleanser n moist so can't afford another high priced item lol) also I HATE anything rose!

Floisme Tue 09-Feb-16 09:18:10

No worries - it's very random working out what suits you. Funnily enough, I can be ok with perfumed stuff e.g. Blue-tub-Nivea is is one of the few face creams I trust. Good luck with it.

ApologiesToInsectLife Tue 09-Feb-16 09:20:42

What about bog standard (and much more cheap than Neal's Yard etc,) Rosehip oil? It doesn't smell of rose.

Indecisivejo Tue 09-Feb-16 09:24:27

Thanks floismesmile
Rosehip oil isn't a cleansing oil and this is another one on my hate list! Hate the smell it actually makes me feel physically sick (I'm very smell sensitive) and my skin did not like it sad

Nabootique Tue 09-Feb-16 09:32:56

Do you know what you could have reacted to in the TTDO balm? The ingredients for the "oil" (no actual oil in it) are different and it gets rid of everything AND it emulsifies if you're a rinsing kind of girl.

NerdyBird Tue 09-Feb-16 09:48:14

I'm using Ren Evercalm at the moment. It feels lovely to use. It is about £15 though, so perhaps worth seeing if you can get a sample?

Buttercup27 Tue 09-Feb-16 09:50:13

The only oik based cleanser my skin would tolerate was baby oil. Apply to face then remove with hot flannel. My skin has never looked so good.

Oldraver Tue 09-Feb-16 11:27:28

I have very sensitive skin, I also have eczema and cant use the stuff I get form the doctors on my face (though think it is full of petrochemicals)

The only thing I have been able to use as a moustirizer is Badger Balm Rose stuff. I think it has totally natural ingredients, though I realise these can still caused irritation

I've been thinking of geeting morein the range though are hold to get hold of here

Badger Balm

Indecisivejo Tue 09-Feb-16 11:39:44

Thanks oldraver but already said can't use anything rose, my skin is very funny with essential oils.
I'm not sure what I reacted to in the Clinique but it was awful on my eyes it really irritated them and made my skin red and very uncomfortable.
Thinking about it I'm prob best not adding anything into my routine and just doing a double cleanse with usual stuff when I feel the need

ConesOfDunshire Tue 09-Feb-16 12:28:01

Have you tried Cetaphil?

ConesOfDunshire Tue 09-Feb-16 12:28:40

Or extra virgin coconut oil - but won't emulsify and prob doesn't meet your requirements that it doesn't leave any residue.

TheVeryThing Tue 09-Feb-16 12:56:45

I use Avene extremely gentle cleanser with no problems

nickdrakeslovechild Tue 09-Feb-16 13:28:20

I have really sensitive skin especially my eyes and am getting on really well with the body shop chamomile oil as a first clean followed buy the body shop aloe cream cleanser. Both taken off with a hot flannel.

rageagainsttheBIL Tue 09-Feb-16 13:33:40

Sesame oil. Not as rich as almond, no discernible smell, I use it on a damp face removing everything with a hot (wet) cloth after. Dirt cheap too.

Silverpinkswirls Tue 09-Feb-16 14:34:55

Have you tried micellar water? It's just water and oil.

Dellabob123 Tue 09-Feb-16 14:52:01

I have extremely sensitive skin and after years and years of searching, elemis pro collagen cleansing balm is the stuff of dreams. It's pricey, but so worth it. I'm on my third tub and put it on list for birthdays and Christmas. Never using anything else again!

Hillingdon Tue 09-Feb-16 14:54:40

I use Emma Hardie but don't have sensistive skin so not much help.

However how on earth does using coconut or almond oil remove a face full of make up. Doesn't it go all smeary over your eyes....

handslikecowstits Tue 09-Feb-16 15:33:19

I can use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. No fragrance.

www.amazon.co.uk/CeraVe-Hydrating-Cleanser-12-oz/dp/B000YJ2SKM

Love2dance Wed 10-Feb-16 18:07:13

Yes me too to Cetaphil although it's not a cleansing oil,but a cleansing lotion that you massage in then wipe off with cotton wool then rinse.
Yes me too (surprisingly) to the L'Oreal Extraordinary cleansing oil. I think it helps that you just use fingers. I have just bought a second bottle. I switch between this and Cetaphil. I loved the Liz Earle and long ago (before DC when I had money) the Eve Lom one. Now I only use LE rarely, but I think that's because my skin finds the muslin cloth a bit harsh now that I use Retin A.
Yes to micellar water, but usually just as a first step when I have been wearing foundation or lots of eye makeup.

0dfod Wed 10-Feb-16 18:17:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jakadaal Wed 10-Feb-16 18:49:57

I had a really bad reaction to a dermalogica facial last year and my skin has never really been the same. I have had a recent flare up and am now using L'occitane oil cleanser, toner and comfort oil all from the range for sensitive skin. So far so good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now