Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Big beautiful pants

(14 Posts)
Filiboom Tue 09-Feb-16 06:32:07

For the last 4.5 years I have lived in big cotton knickers. They're very comfortable and they make me feel "held in". I'm a shortish size 10-12 and definitely a bit soft around the middle, plus two CS in less than two years have left me with an overhang. I'm a big fan of control pants but not for every day and my high waisted Sloggi and Playtex knickers feel like a comfortable halfway house.

However, they're not beautiful and the final straw was seeing a very similar pair hanging on my MIL's washing line....

Please, does anyone know where you can buy beautiful high waisted knickers? I don't want the granny pants sold in John Lewis and M&S (it's what I already have), but I don't want anything made out of slippery man made fibres either. I did see some beautiful high waist lace shorts, but at £80 they were way out of my budget. Thank you!

lavendersun Tue 09-Feb-16 06:53:05

I really like these. They are fairly high and probably the most comfortable knickers I own. £20 is a lot imo but after I bought one pair with a bra I now always buy a pair when I buy a bra (I really like the amourette bra too).

If not wearing these I wear JL multipack bikinis - mainly because I am too lazy to go to an actual shop.

lavendersun Tue 09-Feb-16 06:56:25

Sorry, they are man made fibres though!

Filiboom Tue 09-Feb-16 07:35:02

They're lovely, thank you. Do they have a cotton gusset? I don't mind if they're not all cotton, but I just hate the slippery feel you can get from some knickers. £20 is a lot, but about the upper limit of what I'm happy to spend. I probably wouldn't wear them everyday, but I'd like something that I feel good in sometimes!

lavendersun Tue 09-Feb-16 07:40:23

Yes they do have a cotton gusset. They are the only non cotton knickers I own, have three pairs. They don't really produce a VPL because the lace is sewn on sideways and sort of have a firm/slight hold you in feel because the lace is not flimsy.

£20 is my upper limit too, I always need a lie down when I buy something I think is fairly extravagant but they wear and wash well and I like wearing something that isn't out of a multipack.

amarmai Tue 09-Feb-16 14:57:01

M&S used to have a good selection of cover your ass undies -but might be too granny for u.

Filiboom Tue 09-Feb-16 17:49:03

Hi there. I've got some M&S ones, and they're great for day to day. I'm just after something that makes me feel a bit more elegant (even if I'm not!). I'm going back to work after 4.5yrs as a SAHM and just want to feel more put together again. There must be a decent market for good looking high waisted knickers? I look at my beautiful pre-children ones and, aside from the fact the bras no longer fit, I'd just feel too self-conscious in them as they sit too low and on the overhang rather than comfortably covering it. I feel like I'm stuck between skimpy or granny (or obscenely expensive lace or silk)!

RonaldMcDonald Tue 09-Feb-16 17:56:41

midis are your friends

ConesOfDunshire Tue 09-Feb-16 18:03:24

Have you looked at the M&S Brazilian shape? Still a good amount of coverage but a much more attractive shape than the full briefs.

Filiboom Tue 09-Feb-16 19:23:17

Thank you - some of this look good, particularly like the Brazilian ones. I got a bit put off M&S as I bought a couple pairs that rolled down at the waist, which wasn't very comfortable or glamorous! Maybe I need to have another look....

caker Wed 10-Feb-16 11:26:22

I second the amourette ones, they are lovely. They always have black, white and nude but bring out a couple of new colours every season too.

mrsmortis Wed 10-Feb-16 13:02:30

There's a style guide on the Rigby and Pellar site that goes through all the different shapes of knickers and how they fit. If you had a look there would it give you a starting point for deciding what to try?

doesthatmakesense Wed 10-Feb-16 13:06:16

Some of the m&s light/medium control ones are quite vintage-looking and okay at least that's what I tell myself.

SewNotTheDrama Wed 10-Feb-16 13:08:20

Without a shadow of a doubt you need to google knickerRocker. She's fab and hand makes to order . They're so cool

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now