Talk

Advanced search

what is your weekly beauty routine?

(14 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Mon 08-Feb-16 21:50:47

I haven't really got one! I think I'd really like to start a new one though, so think that every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday I will wash my hair. Usually it gets done once or twice a week!

Every Tuesday, I will gel my nails.

Ever Tuesday and Sunday I'd like to start going on the sunbed in preparation for holiday (to reduce prickly heat and so I don't look transparent)

Every other Tuesday I will hair remove where needed.

Every 6-8 weeks I will go for a trim.

Every Thursday night I will paint my toes and have a face mask.

What's yours??

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 08-Feb-16 22:45:09

Friday nights I have a big bubble bath and do a facemask, deforestation and a pedicure. I like the feeling of taking off the working week and going into the weekend nicely groomed. My hair gets cut every six weeks, and I make the appointment as I leave. Other than that, I wash my hair every day, and do my fingernails every couple of days, so it doesn't feel like a routine per se. I do love my Friday bath regime though!

blueshoes Mon 08-Feb-16 23:25:54

Nothing beyond basic hygience and common sense. I put on make up and then remove it. Moisturise everyday. Wash hair every other day. Cut hair and nails when long.

PollyPerky Tue 09-Feb-16 07:50:09

I do hope you are joking about the use of a sunbed hmm
Have you not heard how bad they are for your skin?
Wrinkles, skin cancer, damage ...?
Invest in a St Tropez spray tan before you go.

PurpleDaisies Tue 09-Feb-16 07:52:41

Ever Tuesday and Sunday I'd like to start going on the sunbed in preparation for holiday (to reduce prickly heat and so I don't look transparent)

Don't do this. A good friend of mind died of melanoma aged 30 this Christmas. Your best bet is a good fake tan or a gradual tanning moisturiser.

PollyPerky Tue 09-Feb-16 08:10:09

Today's news headlines

No safe way to tan says NICE

RavioliOnToast Tue 09-Feb-16 09:09:32

Ah I didn't think a few weeks of twice a week would do any damage. I'll use my usual mousse then instead smile

Gingermum Tue 09-Feb-16 11:47:31

Ravioli - another anti-sunbed nag! I'm very fair so before a holiday I have a professional spray tan. They use FakeBake which is great on pale skin - you don't look like an extra from Towie.

Also if money is tight - go to gumtree or Salonguineapig and sign up. I've had several cheap or free hair colours/highlights that way.

Judy I Love the idea of going into the weekend nicely groomed. Brilliant. Also it means your family/friends get to see groomed weekend you instead of always your work colleagues seeing polished you while those you actually love see Slob You.

Anyway routine - I use a gentle face scrub twice a week. On Fridays I apply warm coconut oil to my hair (long, thick, prone to frizz) and check my eyebrows. If I'm on my own I use a teeth whitening product. I love my Babyliss hot brush but I'm aware of hair damage so now I wash my hair twice (to get the coconut oil out - usually only lather once) then use cider vinegar after conditioner to counteract the hard water, blot dry and put my hair into a damp bun - sleep on a satin pillow, then smooth it out next day with the hot brush.

I don't bother with face masks anymore.

And every day in winter I add a few drops of almond oil to my regular moisturiser as central heating is so drying.

Dowser Tue 09-Feb-16 12:13:29

I wash my hair twice a week with faith in nature shampoo and conditioner.

Have the highlights done every 8 weeks and a trim.

Washmyface withs rough flannel and warm water every morning and night and slap on myhomemade skin cream made of natural products.
just made another batch yesterday .
( wished I'd used it 50 years ago)

Nails could do with a bit more tlc

Use foundation every day and blusher and lipstick. Deforest as and when.

WipsGlitter Tue 09-Feb-16 13:48:31

I wash my hair every day.

I try to do a bit more on a Sunday - so a mini facial or similar. A friend got me a Birchbox for Christmas so I'm enjoying using that stuff.

I get my hair done every five weeks or so.

Need to get my moustache eyebrows threaded again...

1moreglassplease Tue 09-Feb-16 15:52:48

I wash hair Monday, Wednesday and Friday (also deep condition on Friday)
Wash face with cleanser and remove eye makeup, then apply day/night serum, moisturiser/night cream and eye cream
Apply face mask every couple of weeks
Apply body scrub and butter during/after bathing or showering
Hair is cut/tinted every 6 weeks
Legs/bikini waxing and eyebrow threading every 8 weeks

Do need to sort out my nails though!

RavioliOnToast Tue 09-Feb-16 16:24:28

I love seeing everyone's routines, I may use coconut oil on my hair tonight! And sleep with it in! Then I wash tomorrow, I washed hair yesterday morning so my Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday rule doesn't apply this week!

Great idea to sign up to salonguineapig- I'll take a look at that!

I will also remove and repaint my toes every week! Possibly Tuesday's grin

Can you tells DH is off Tuesday's and I finish college early

Queenoftheblues Tue 09-Feb-16 18:37:13

I only wash my hair once a week to maintain my keratin blow dry. i do that on a thursday along with a manicure, pedicure. i use salycic acid,clay mask on pores once a week, shave twice a week. i make myown all purpose skin cream to remove make up and moisterise body. my eyebrows get professionally tinted and shaped once a month.

mincepieprivateeye Tue 09-Feb-16 22:23:09

Wash hair every day. Hot cloth cleanse twice a day. Tone and moisture twice a day. Exfoliate twice a week and face mask once a week. Shave legs etc daily, can't do with any stubble at all shock body lotion daily. File nails and apply nail strengther weekly, hand cream nightly. Pluck eyebrows every few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now