Talk

Advanced search

Pretty woman dress hunt

(9 Posts)
Reetabiscuiteater Mon 08-Feb-16 21:04:07

Hoping someone may be able to help me (on behalf of my mother). She would like to find a dress like the one Julia Roberts wore in Pretty Woman to my sister's wedding later this year. I hope the picture works. Any ideas where we can look?

AuntieStella Mon 08-Feb-16 21:16:53

That looks like the sort of thing that companies like Escada and Celine were producing in the 1980s. I'll have a Google and see if there's anywhere selling secondhand, or perhaps 'inspired by'

marriednotdead Mon 08-Feb-16 21:21:02

I think that unless you get a lucky vintage find, it would be easier to get one made for her.

I tried looking at 80s power dresses and came up with one on Etsy.

marriednotdead Mon 08-Feb-16 21:21:53

Sorry, link

Seeyounearertime Mon 08-Feb-16 21:22:06

Ebay

not identical but almost.

Reetabiscuiteater Mon 08-Feb-16 21:22:35

We were wondering whether she would have to get one made. Link didn't work for me I'm afraid. All assistance appreciated.

Reetabiscuiteater Mon 08-Feb-16 21:24:15

The etsy one looks the right shape definitely.

AuntieStella Mon 08-Feb-16 21:28:42

What size is she? What colours might she like?

And does it have to be a dress? Because this Escada suit on ebay definitely has the same vibe.

Reetabiscuiteater Mon 08-Feb-16 21:31:12

She is a 10 with a tiny waist. Not sure what colours she wants. We are not allowed to wear black. Have sent her the link to the thread to follow but she is not a mumsnetter so can't reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now