Talk

Advanced search

Eyeshadow for HOC Winter

(7 Posts)
building2016 Mon 08-Feb-16 18:24:00

Hi all, I'm a jewel winter in the HOC system and have loved the previous winter threads. I am experimenting with eyeshadow behind glasses for the first time and finding it very hard with greys. They seem very... evening, iyswim.

I just want a sort of natural but better look, adding emphasis to my eyes as the lenses make them smaller. My old look of just black eyeliner on the top lid and mascara on the top lashes was a bit too harsh and I want something a bit softer.

I've tried a lovely pale pink and cranberry palette which seemed okay (and wasn't as colourful as it sounds), but I'm never really sure. I just think k eyeshadow is a nightmare and I'm struggling.

Also, I'm wondering what shade I would use if I wanted to do any contouring or highlighting... Presumably browns are too warm.

building2016 Mon 08-Feb-16 21:43:35

Hopeful bump?

Chchchchangeabout Mon 08-Feb-16 21:47:59

Could you try a smudged grey eyeliner plus mascara for a less harsh look

building2016 Mon 08-Feb-16 22:46:23

Maybe that is the answer. How do other people make eyeshadow look so nice, though? I've watched tutorials and all sorts.

HeyNonnyMaybe Tue 09-Feb-16 14:19:57

I use MAC Painterly for every day wear, it doesn't look like I'm wearing eye shadow but I look much better with it than without it. MAC Quarry is also a nice colour. YY to grey eyeliner, Mac Factor do a lovely one.

Plumpysoft Tue 09-Feb-16 14:34:15

My consultant used the palest lilac on me. I would NEVER have used it but it makes me eyes look really blue smile

Plumpysoft Tue 09-Feb-16 14:34:45

You can also look on the HOC site and put your season in and it will recommend colours I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now