Denim shirts...

(9 Posts)
TheDowagerCuntess Sun 07-Feb-16 22:17:56

So, there's no Gap where we are. DH was in [City with Gap] with work, and paid a quick visit.

He couldn't find anything he thought I'd like, but there were lots of denim shirts. He figured they're obviously having a moment, so he got me one.

When I pulled it out of the bag, the expression on my face probably wasn't one of unbridled gratefulness. 😳

Denim shirts are so not my style.

It's not something I'm ever going to wear. But then, I thought - before rejecting it outright - maybe there is a way of styling it that isn't reminiscent of Dolly, circa 1982. I love Dolly, but I don't want to dress like her.

Is there? Or are denim shirts seriously beyond redemption?

It's summer here, if that makes a difference.

Paddingtonthebear Sun 07-Feb-16 22:19:24

I want a denim shirt, there's loads of ways to wear them!

southeastastra Sun 07-Feb-16 22:19:37

well imo demin shirts are pretty cool, but you have to know how to style them

Bavmorda Sun 07-Feb-16 22:25:43

I'm just watching Thelma & Louise and wondering where I can get one so thanks OP!

TheDowagerCuntess Sun 07-Feb-16 22:35:41

I've gone onto Pinterest, and there are a few ways to wear one, so that is heartening. Probably only a few of those that I can get away with...

KanyesVest Sun 07-Feb-16 22:42:03

I have a slim fit denim shirt that I wear with grey skinnies, a flouncy midi skirt or a black leather skirt. They can be great if you have the right pieces.

TheDowagerCuntess Sun 07-Feb-16 22:48:06

Skirts are out, as I don't really wear them, but I can probably work something out with trousers - black/grey cigarette pants, heels, that sort of thing.

Beachlovingirl Sun 07-Feb-16 22:59:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JaceLancs Sun 07-Feb-16 23:03:13

I wear mine with dresses more as a jacket with sleeves rolled up
Or with a plain white t shirt and black, grey or very dark skinnies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now