Talk

Advanced search

cream for dry skin

(10 Posts)
themumfairy Sun 07-Feb-16 17:54:36

I've just had dc3 and now my skin is in a state. Normally my skin is quite good and doesn't need anything putting on it. Naughty I know.
Since giving birth my skin is really sensitive even to baby wipes and I'm getting red blotches all over my Cheeks. My forehead is really dry and peeling too.
Any face creams around that could help? With 3 children I don't have time for a long regime. Thanks

YellowTulips Sun 07-Feb-16 18:15:01

I have very dry skin.

You can't actually go too far wrong with Nivea (in the blue pot) for every day.

I love Eve Lom TLC cream but it is pricy.

Liz Earle Super Skin is a good mid price alternative.

Another option is to invest in a skin oil (clarins do great ones as does Elemis and Sunday Riley - each one progressively more expensive).

QueenMolotov Sun 07-Feb-16 18:16:50

Watching with interest as I am pg with dc3 and my skin on my face is parched! I look like a lizard!

YellowTulips Sun 07-Feb-16 18:17:58

Oh and don't use baby wipes on your face! It's likely that's what you are reacting to!

Wipes are just awful for your skin.

Buy a cleanser and some flannels.

Massage the cleanser into your face then wipe off using the flannel and hot water.

Liz Earle's cleanser is lovely and lasts for ages.

iwannadancewithsomebody Sun 07-Feb-16 18:19:10

Superdrug vitamin E range is great, an inexpensive.

Fairylea Sun 07-Feb-16 18:24:34

Astral!

ThatsNotEvenAWord Sun 07-Feb-16 18:31:12

Aveeno

Chopsychops Sun 07-Feb-16 18:33:40

I have dry flaky in winter skin. I've spent god knows how much on creams etc, the ONLY one I've had success with was Dr Hauschka rose day cream.

All their stuff is 100% organic, they grow their own plants and I am converted!

Chopsychops Sun 07-Feb-16 18:35:19

Meant to say I got mine in M&S, the beauty department has various brands in now which I didn't know about!

MissMogwi Sun 07-Feb-16 19:31:11

Body Shop Aloe Vera range has saved my skin. They will give you a sample to try for for a few days before you buy.

I also use their vitamin e face oil once or twice a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now