Talk

Advanced search

collagen type imedeen pills??

(4 Posts)
ChildlessAndOK Sat 06-Feb-16 22:24:13

Hiya has anyone had any experiences with 'one a day' type pills that are specifically good for skin care?
I'm so tempted to go with Imedeen but then there's two other brands, one from H&B and another called Biocorrex (I think).
I've generally been told I look younger than my age but being couple years off 40 is starting to freak me out.
I don't want to resort to Botox as I KNOW I'll end up having all sorts injected and get helplessly addicted!
All advice very welcome!
ATB
A

mintbiscuit Mon 08-Feb-16 22:56:09

I haven't tried any collagen supplements so cannot speak from experience. However, the science behind these supplements can be somewhat shady. You have to bear in mind that the collagen has to travel through the stomach into the gut and still be intact. IMO there isn't enough scientific evidence to support it.

Honestly, the 2 things you can do to ward off wrinkles is use a high spf with broad spectrum i.e. protection against uva AND uvb, everyday. In all seasons. The other is invest in some retinol which will increase cell turnover and collagen production.

ChildlessAndOK Thu 11-Feb-16 00:02:09

Thank you / I will look into retinol.
I appreciate u messaging smile
ATB
A

ChildlessAndOK Thu 03-Mar-16 14:34:35

Thank you for pointing me in direction of 'indeed laboratories' - great products with good results!
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now