Talk

Advanced search

I am old and need new make up

(6 Posts)
IAmPissedOffWithAHeadmaster Sat 06-Feb-16 17:47:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WowOoo Sat 06-Feb-16 18:34:58

I love Mac's cream blusher. Colour is Brit Wit. A little goes a long way on a fellow pasty baggy eyed 40 something. It seems to brighten up my face and lasts for ages.
I was told by friends, MN and an online tutorial I watched (Lisa something) that over 40s are better off wearing matte stuff.

So I ditched my shimmery stuff and I think I look better. I keep the odd bit of shimmer for a rare night out. Got a lovely matte eyeshadow palette from Mac too. The blusher costs around £20 so it'll be easy to get your £30 back....

I didn't like the Mac foundation I tried as it was too heavy for me.

WowOoo Sat 06-Feb-16 18:37:33

Oh, I've remembered the tutorial was by Lisa Eldridge - she recommends products on her make up for over 40s YouTube video.

IAmPissedOffWithAHeadmaster Sat 06-Feb-16 18:42:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OldPossum Sat 06-Feb-16 19:33:10

Also 48 and making more of an effort with make up than I did before. Don't actually have any MAC but I had a consultation with Bonbi Brown last summer and these are now my staples; really love my eyeshadow palette (Naked Basics?), foundation (the Boots colour match one), mascara, eyeliner (which I run along the top of my eyelashes and my Clinique Chubby lipstick thingy. Although I have quite a few other bits and pieces these are the staples that I return to on a daily basis because they work and I can actually apply them! Am particularly brave about applying eyeshadow - much darker than I would have ever imagined but it makes such a huge difference. Enjoy.

ChinUpChestOut Sat 06-Feb-16 21:45:40

I too am old, and after a friend told me "time to move away from the nude lipstick, ChinUp" I realised I was stuck in a rut.

I also went to MAC and had them try a ton of stuff on me. They were really good, asking me what look I wanted, what kind of foundation I preferred etc - they really didn't push anything on me. The foundation I went with was MAC Studio Waterweight - very watery, but gave nice, light, even coverage. I liked what they did so much, I bought two eyeshadows, new blusher, bronzer (me!! with bronzer!!), wonderful new mascara and two bright lipsticks and I love it all. I'm wearing make up now that looks like me, but a better me. With a brighter lip, as the fashionistas would say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now