Are these sandals hideous or OK?

(20 Posts)
WhatamessIgotinto Sat 06-Feb-16 13:20:42

www.shoeaholics.com/genevra2-black-satin-38-nine-west-shoe.html

I need a pair of lowish heeled sandals. I don't want to pay a fortune and they need to be black. Are these OK do you think? Bit worried about the satin though, maybe a bit too 'Strictly'?

JackandDiane Sat 06-Feb-16 13:22:26

they are kind of 'auntie at a wedding' chic

Depends on if you wear them straight with bootlegs and a back pack or something cooler

Fuzzballs Sat 06-Feb-16 13:23:55

I'm not keen personally but it very much depends on what you like and whether they fit with your own style. If you like them then go for it

AlwaysHopeful1 Sat 06-Feb-16 13:24:00

They aren't hideous but they do look a bit old fashioned. I also am not a high heel person and it's so hard to find something with a mid heel!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 06-Feb-16 13:27:07

Sorry but I think they're a bit on the grim side.

AnyFucker Sat 06-Feb-16 13:27:43

grimola

you did ask

Genx77 Sat 06-Feb-16 13:29:11

No, just no, God no.

WhatamessIgotinto Sat 06-Feb-16 13:30:49

'Auntie at a wedding' is the look I was worried about. grin

I've always been a heels woman but I just can't do it anymore and they seem to be SO high these days. Its to wear with a black cocktail dress amongst other things and I won't be wearing them often, hence the reluctance to spend a packet. I'm 50 so not a hip young thing but not quite past it yet either. My normal style is clean lines, skinnies, silks, blazers etc. I have some beautiful sandals that I love but they will kill me...

WhatamessIgotinto Sat 06-Feb-16 13:32:28

No, its fine - I did ask for honest opinions! I've been looking for weeks and I think I'm getting too desperate. My judgement is skewed!!

Any suggestions? I really am desperate!

keeponkeepinon Sat 06-Feb-16 13:34:15

I think jack hit the nail on the head. They are pleasant enough but sort of bland.

How about some pointed flats? I've given up with heels too and am on the lookout for something dressy.

Floisme Sat 06-Feb-16 13:39:34

I was just coming on to say the same as keepon - I'd go for pointy flats too.

Heels are over anyway. wink

FauxFox Sat 06-Feb-16 13:42:44

I prefer
suede toe
dune
cutaway courts
For some reason Debenhams has loads of mid heel shoes (a lot are hideous but there are some gems) have a browse?

burnishedsilver Sat 06-Feb-16 13:52:37

The auntie at a wedding description is spot on.

JackandDiane Sat 06-Feb-16 14:06:04

i would get some covered toe ones or something like these
www.mintvelvet.co.uk/grey-arizona-court/shoes/mint-v/fcp-product/4989

JackandDiane Sat 06-Feb-16 14:06:47

pointy flats can look a bit ' arts administrator trying to make a point'

CrossfireHurricane Sat 06-Feb-16 14:12:06

Oh how I love dune shoes ( sigh)

I wouldn't buy pointy flats if they need to go with a cocktail dress ato some point,Can you try and break in your other shoes?
I wear them around the house for an hour or so to try and get my feet and calf muscles up to speed smile

WhatamessIgotinto Sat 06-Feb-16 15:20:43

I love the Dune ones but oh my god how can the be a mid heel? They look high to me. I think I'm showing my age!

I really want a sandal as the dress comes to just below the knew and a closed toe looks a bit much with it. I do actually have those MV shoes linked and I love them, but they don't suit the dress. sad

ootsideinbacktaefront Sat 06-Feb-16 15:23:25

Boggin, sorry 😀

WhatamessIgotinto Sat 06-Feb-16 15:47:25

Well they're sold out now anyway, so some other fucker with equally bad taste has bought them! grin

Madbengalmum Sat 06-Feb-16 15:48:46

Alright if you are 80 plus OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now