Talk

Advanced search

which beauty counter?

(12 Posts)
lookatmenow Fri 05-Feb-16 16:49:44

I wear bronzer, blusher and mascara everyday. That's my quick fix everyday makeup regime.

I want or feel that I could look better with a bit of guidance and the right tools BUT I don't want all the faff of foundation, primer, powder etc.

I'm thinking of going to the beauty counters at Department stores and having a make over - so the question is, which cosmetic company would I best be seeing for a no fuss look? Bearing in mind I'm mid 40s

liinyo Fri 05-Feb-16 17:54:22

I would go for Bobbi Brown. They have a great range for all skin tones and are on trend but not wacky. I have gone there for advice a couple of times recently and I am in my 50s.

Sparkletastic Fri 05-Feb-16 17:56:44

Deffo Bobbi Brown. MAC is great when you know what you want but they can veer into trannie territory

lookatmenow Fri 05-Feb-16 18:50:02

What sort of look do you both wear everyday and what's their price range?

WipsGlitter Fri 05-Feb-16 19:25:59

I go spaceNK as they have different brands in the one place so you can mix and match.

Donge13 Fri 05-Feb-16 19:42:22

Benefits for them three products

TimeToMuskUp Fri 05-Feb-16 20:57:49

I love Mac products but would begin with Bobbi Brown as you can ease yourself in gently. Plus, every time I've been to Mac the girls have been a bit disinterested in helping me because I'm over the age of 18 and refuse to allow them to paint black eyebrows on me.

JolseBaby Fri 05-Feb-16 21:25:14

I hate the feeling of foundation on my face, however my current must have is the new Chanel Les Beiges foundation. It's very light, a tiny bit goes a loooong way and it gives pretty good coverage without making you look 'blank'.

FYI I never used to bother with primer, but I tried a different one and did a 'with' and 'without' over two days. My makeup lasted so much better when I used primer, so it's now a must-have for me.

PollyPerky Fri 05-Feb-16 21:39:06

I've seen women who look in their 70s at Bobbi Brown and same for Estee Lauder - or Clarins (their make up is good and under rated.)

PollyPerky Fri 05-Feb-16 21:40:21

B Brown is not cheap- foundations £30, eye shadows £17 and blushers £19, concealer about the same - look online - good website.

lookatmenow Fri 05-Feb-16 23:55:18

I use Claris moisturiser and eye cream. Never looked at their makeup before. Any good?

DragonRojo Sat 06-Feb-16 06:43:57

I would go to SpaceNK or Channel. I am not keen on BB. BB always try to sell me some brownish eye shadow which I find extremely boring

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now