Talk

Advanced search

which of these?

(33 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 04-Feb-16 20:25:56

Have got these and deciding which to send back. In mumsnet wisdom, which are worth hanging on to? I'm an idiot for sending off for them and can't decide which to keep!

Clarks Bizzy Beat
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26113691?cm_mmc=Google-_-Product-Listing-Ads-_-PLA-_-la&kpid=26113691&gclid=Cj0KEQiAisy1BRD7_YSgpduD2cEBEiQAPR3UuAwjxiI-zyt5OOU4jdwZS6Mp-2Vf9HYx08u9Ui8t0L8aAtWH8P8HAQ

Clarks Hotel Sparkle
www.clarksoutlet.co.uk/Outlet/All-Womens-Styles/Hotel-Sparkle/p/261089674

Schuh Lunar
www.schuh.co.uk/womens/schuh-lunar-black-boots/1421517050/

Hudson Sophie
www.asos.com/Hudson-London/H-by-Hudson-Sophie-Tan-Leather-Chelsea-Ankle-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5168058

73dexter Thu 04-Feb-16 20:27:47

I love the Hudsons but not keen on the others.

The last ones, by a long, long way. The third ones are okay. The first look a bit policeman-ish. Don't like the second at all.

SweetAdeline Thu 04-Feb-16 20:35:49

Definitely return the Clarks ones.

The shuh ones are ok but a bit boring. I like the asos ones.

keeponkeepinon Thu 04-Feb-16 20:43:27

Love the description of 'policeman-ish' for a pair of boots called 'bizzy beat', Remus!

I love the Hudsons though they've not arrived yet so I'll have to try them on. I'm a brown leather girl really but was thinking of branching out. I need something I can wear with jeans, possibly for work and with skirts and opaques for a night out - I want something basically flat.

The schuh ones fit the bill for night out, look fine with a skirt or black skinnies - not sure about the tassel though, I could remove it so just the zip shows. Got a bit of a point on the toe so fairly smart and in distressed suede on the toe and heel so would probably age ok, I wouldn't be worrying about the suede getting ruined all the time.

If I like the Hudsons, I will probably keep, these will most likely be timeless for me, for wearing with jeans.

The bizzy beat - bit boring? Thought they'd be ok for work but not convinced they look right with a skirt (a line and opaques). Sometimes ankle boots do, sometimes they don't. Too much shiny leather and no detail?

Hotel Sparkle - I thought these are a bit different, and comfy potentially for nights out, but are they different in a 'mature' way?!

grin - I hadn't noticed that!

Yes to 'mature' - would need great legs and a short skirt to even half way okay.

keeponkeepinon Thu 04-Feb-16 20:58:21

Ok, so I think the bizzy beat can go back, I'm not loving them.

What to do with the hotel sparkle? See pic - they look ok here, but I def don't want to look above my age, and this girl is younger than me and I could never get away with her funky trousers; black tights and black skinnies only for me!

maybemyrtle Thu 04-Feb-16 21:02:21

Keep the Hudsons, send the rest back. If you're not sure about them now you'll probably never actually wear them, etc.

73dexter Thu 04-Feb-16 21:11:07

I don't think you should keep a pair of shoes based on what they look like on someone else. If they don't look good on you then send them back.

keeponkeepinon Thu 04-Feb-16 21:13:12

Excellent point myrtle, I should really have that stuck to my fridge, or laptop, or purse or something. I am terrible for buying impulsively just because something is on sale. I'm afraid of regretting it, yet end up regretting it when I finally stick half of my 'must buys' on ebay barely worn!

While we are on the subject, I also got this for when it comes a little warmer. Ignore the bootcuts etc, and the pink is actually a lot more soft and dusky irl. Is it a keeper or did I get it just cos its on sale?!!

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Thu 04-Feb-16 21:14:17

I like number one and I LOVE number four! Don't like the other two.

LadyPriggsbottom Thu 04-Feb-16 21:17:47

I like the Schuh ones and the Asos ones. Not keen on either of the ones from Clarks which is a coincidence I think rather than a hatred for that particular brand! Asos ones are my favourite if only wanting to keep one pair.

keeponkeepinon Thu 04-Feb-16 21:27:10

well, the asos ones would be my go to for jeans, but I have no flats I can wear with skinnies or skirts/dresses and black tights for nights out. This is why I like the schuh. They were a bargain as well as I had a discount code to use on the sale price.
So if I keep the schuh and the asos, I'll have shoes for nights out and shoes for jeans.
Are Hudson usually comfortable?
Is that jacket going to age me as well? One thing I thought was that it was so open at the front that you would have to be quite careful about the top you wear, those checks could clash like crazy. If I could get this in plain soft grey or something it would be perfect.

keeponkeepinon Thu 04-Feb-16 22:01:13

Just to say thanks, it helps coming on here and getting objective opinions. I like to ask someone other than DH - he constantly reminds me he has no idea about fashion so why ask him?! I'm too easily swayed by a bargain, but its not a bargain if you don't really need/want it! I'll save quids sending back the clarks ones. Not fully decided on the schuh, so I'll leave it a while.
flowersflowersflowers
Now, about that jacket...

LadyPriggsbottom Fri 05-Feb-16 14:01:57

Hmmmm that jacket isn't my cup of tea tbh... I wouldn't really know what to wear it with and not sure I love the shape. Have you tried it on?

handslikecowstits Fri 05-Feb-16 14:18:55

OP I used to be an impulse buyer and what I found useful was to bookmark anything that I liked and wait for a few days/ weeks then go back, have another look at it and then decide if I love it enough to buy it and I do mean 'love'. This method has saved me a fortune.

As for the jacket, I don't like it at all. It reminds me my dog's travelling rug.

keeponkeepinon Fri 05-Feb-16 14:33:54

Hands thats a good theory. I always get like this in the sales though and panic buy as I think I will miss it and regret it.

The jacket is soft and cosy and I fancied something checked but I think I will struggle as lots of things will clash with it.
I sort of like the shape, the pic does itno justice. Almost a bit of a cocoon shape but not as heavy as a coat. And a much softer pink than the pic.

LadyPriggsbottom Fri 05-Feb-16 18:46:20

Still don't think I'd be able to pull it off OP - not my cup of tea at all. If you like it and can find stuff to wear with it then go for it!

burnishedsilver Fri 05-Feb-16 19:19:09

Keep the hudson boots. Send the coat back.

Not loving the cardigan thing. Sorry.

keeponkeepinon Fri 05-Feb-16 19:31:20

I don't think I can pull it off really. I like the idea of a a softer woolly throw on coat but I dont want to look like a walking blanket! Plus I need structured jackets, tailored particularly at the shoulders and waist. I think this probably makes my shoulders look broader and that's definitely not the aim! Its going back.
This thread is saving me some money! usually end up spending more after reading s&b

keeponkeepinon Fri 05-Feb-16 19:57:13

Still an overwhelming thumbs down? Do they look a bit old?

LadyPriggsbottom Fri 05-Feb-16 20:07:48

They aren't hideous but I personally don't like them at all. They don't look old though. Again I have absolutely no idea what I would wear them with which is kind of my test for buying clothes.

Still a thumbs down from me, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now