Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy lingerie? (nothing left after MariKondo)

(38 Posts)
WinterFloral Thu 04-Feb-16 08:46:46

I've done a MariKondo on my wardrobe and for the first time in many years I went through my underwear drawers. I got rid of unloved pairs of socks, tights that looked faded and all of my old 'nice' lacy romantic underwear.

Where should I look to replace it? I had a look online (M&S, John Lewis, Boux Avenue) and didn't see anything that I liked the look of. I shop in M&S for regular underwear and have a couple of bras from Bravissimo for everyday wear. Back in the day I used to shop in Ann Summers, etc but now I'm not sure I feel that's the look I'm going for.

I just want some ideas of where else to look that isn't too expensive. Help?

MamaAwayOnBusiness Thu 04-Feb-16 08:55:24

What kind of underwear are you looking for? I like simple pants for everyday wear and soft bras and I tend to get them from Cos, they are really good quality and very comfortable. Their hosiery is good most of the time too.

73dexter Thu 04-Feb-16 08:57:06

Sainsburys and Next do nice underwear.

WinterFloral Thu 04-Feb-16 10:00:16

I kept some day to day underwear from, M&S but I'm looking to replace them with more special and intimate type as I feel frumpy in my Bridget Jones daily pants. Something feminine and sexy but not overly sexual. I used to wear lovely underwear all the time and I want go to back to that but feel stuck.

MamaAwayOnBusiness Thu 04-Feb-16 10:14:00

Ah special pants I always get Stella McCartney (not cheap though sorry but they do last). The Outnet always have them on sale.

Princesse Tamtam is great too, it's sexy but not too much IYSWIM.

WinterFloral Thu 04-Feb-16 10:17:58

Thanks Mama I'll have a look at those. It's been many years since I bought special pants.

MamaAwayOnBusiness Thu 04-Feb-16 10:52:36

Ha I know what you mean (that's how I know the SMcC ones last long LOL)

Allgunsblazing Thu 04-Feb-16 11:01:21

I use Intimissimi smile

KatharinaRosalie Thu 04-Feb-16 11:57:39

If you have figured out what shapes, brands and styles suit you - ebay is a good source for reasonably priced underwear. Especially if you don't mind that they are last season's colours. .

WinterFloral Thu 04-Feb-16 13:53:57

Mamma I loved Princess TamTam! Shame none of their bras would fit me envy. I'm bigger at the top (30FF) than their models

KondoAttitude Thu 04-Feb-16 14:08:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WinterFloral Thu 04-Feb-16 15:57:46

Kondo I've been avoiding bravissimo, etc as in my day to day I wear a non padded non unwire stretchy bralet with no hooks and it's fine or a slimming underwear which has a soft bra but. I've rarely noticed the lack of support unless I'm doing exercise or specific types of clothes (work dresses mostly, then I wear the slimming body type underwear). I just wish they looked nicer.

I think the bravissimo type bras make my chest look huge and I often feel self conscious in those, and feel people look at me different because my boobs are then in everyone's faces, you know?

You could try mimi holliday which does your size. You might struggle a bit if you are used to wearing non wired as I think any well fitting wired bra is going to make you feel like your boobs are more out there iyswim.

WinterFloral Thu 04-Feb-16 17:55:45

Thanks statistically I realise I've got to do something different to feel different so am happy to go out trying on some bras. I think a wire but not padded could work, I've not tried any of those.

I'm finding it hard to convert my thinking of 'this will do' and I want to look my best and feel feminine again instead to the usual frumpiness.

WinterFloral Thu 04-Feb-16 18:03:46

Statistically THANK YOU! I've totally fallen in love with Mimi Holiday. Never heard of the brand before but it's exactly what I had in mind!

MrsBruceBogtrotter Thu 04-Feb-16 18:15:27

I have the same problem as you! I have boring everyday stuff from M&S/Bravissimo, but when it comes to finding something nicer, I'm stumped. I don't want shiny polyester Anne Summers stuff, and I can't afford La Perla (sob.) I just want nice, properly fitted lingerie (I'm also a 30FF and wish companies would realise that it's not even that big.)

I wear a lot of Cleo and Ewa michalak.

Twinkie1 Thu 04-Feb-16 18:36:21

John Lewis do a range by Fantasie which are fab and you can pick them up new on eBay for about £15-20.

Saurus72 Thu 04-Feb-16 18:39:49

Have you looked at the Rosie for Autograph range at M&S? I loathe all other M&S underwear, but this range is gorgeous, especially because lots of it is silk which is just so hard to find. The fit is amazing, and it's really comfortable - plus it's machine washable. I am obsessed, can't get enough.

Woopsiedaisy Thu 04-Feb-16 18:40:15

Figleaves,

Masses of choice, good discounts and no quibble returns (as long as unworn of course)

Woopsiedaisy Thu 04-Feb-16 18:42:40

Just to say Mimi Holliday also part of the Figleaves range!!

Ponymagic Thu 04-Feb-16 19:19:52

Have a look at Marie Jo .... gorgeous and wears well.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Thu 04-Feb-16 22:36:13

Kinky knickers are nice.

ProjectGainsborough Fri 05-Feb-16 06:42:10

Hm, I have been really disappointed by how quickly my Marie Jo bra has worn. Maybe I was unlucky.

Another one seconding Rosie for Autograph. Surprisingly nice.

Wagglebees Fri 05-Feb-16 12:17:33

I'm place marking as I'm a 28/30FF too and really want some gorgeous bras but can't seem to find any.

I bet the Rosie ones start at a 32 back...

<goes to look>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now