Talk

Advanced search

NE vitamin c serum with hyaluronic acid- Anyone else find it drying\dehydrating?

(10 Posts)
nearlyovertherainbow Thu 04-Feb-16 07:59:32

So I've been using this for a couple of weeks, once a day (morning) and I have to say, I'm not particularly impressed. Was expecting miracles after reading the reviews, but I'm just not loving it! It makes my skin feel very tight. It feels smooth to touch, but it looks dehydrated and tired. More so than before confused

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else found this?

Thanks

nearlyovertherainbow Thu 04-Feb-16 11:13:54

Bump

handslikecowstits Thu 04-Feb-16 11:42:25

Which serum is it? What does NE stand for?

Post a link and then we can have a look at the ingredients.

One thing I do know about vit c serums is that they need to have been stabilised otherwise the vitamin c degrades really quickly and is effectively useless.

nearlyovertherainbow Thu 04-Feb-16 11:53:29

NE stands for Natural Earth. My phone won't let me link atm for some reason.

handslikecowstits Thu 04-Feb-16 12:05:22

Well I'm no expert but on the ingredients' list, witch hazel is high up on it and is an astringent so this might be drying your skin. Witch hazel is in a lot of products designed for acne sufferers but it can be really drying (as I've discovered).

Some people make their own vitamin C serums with varying rates of success because the good ones are expensive and as I mentioned above the vitamin C deteriorates quickly.

What's the use by date on it? I've noticed that on Amazon often the skincare products have very short use-by dates. Could be why some of them are so cheap.

My advice is to stop using it and see if your skin improves.

nearlyovertherainbow Thu 04-Feb-16 12:17:24

Grrr when it arrived it was freezing cold and I was worried that that might have damaged it.

Thanks for that though, hands. Think I'll stop using it and go back to my trusted EL ANR. Guess I'm just always on the look out for something better. Don't like this ageing malarkey hmm

scandichick Thu 04-Feb-16 12:19:25

Hyaluronic acid needs another layer to seal it in, otherwise it might feel drying - are you using a moisturizer on top of it?

nearlyovertherainbow Thu 04-Feb-16 12:26:12

Yes, I always use a moisturiser, but it doesn't seem to be working as well.

Can anyone recommend a really good moisturising face mask? I used to use a really good one, but think its been discontinued - Sanctuary Spa Time Reversal. It was a collagen boosting mask and it really did work.

Love2dance Thu 04-Feb-16 12:52:15

Avene Soothing Moisture Mask is great. Available for £11.50 from Boots but have a look around as other online retailers may sell it at a cheaper price.
On the Vitamin C issue, expensive but really good is the Obagi Vitamin C serum. It has hyaluronic acid and comes in different strengths from I think 5% up to 20%. Depending on strength the price range is from about £38 up to £70, or a bit less than £70 if you shop around. Available from various online retailers, for example this one. The only one I would avoid is secretbeautysales.co.uk. Not sure what they're like now, but about a year ago I had a bad experience with no delivery and no communication despite chasers until I logged it with Paypal (who got me my money back).

nearlyovertherainbow Fri 05-Feb-16 10:51:47

Love, thank you. Just looked at some reviews for the avene mask and it sounds very impressive. There was one from the body shop that I had my eye on, but the reviews were more mixed. Bouncy sleep skin or something hmmCan't remember exactly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now