Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Difference between foundation & BB creams?

(5 Posts)
Tigerblue Wed 03-Feb-16 14:12:26

I'm in my 40s and always under foundation - something more natural just to give a more even tone, it doesn't bother me if imperfections aren't totally covered up.

Anyway, I need some more foundation, but just wondering what's the different between foundation and BB creams? Also, when's it a good idea to use a primer?

looki Wed 03-Feb-16 14:35:01

The BB cream is just a tinted moisturiser isn't it?

cissyfuss Wed 03-Feb-16 15:54:42

Origins vitazing moisturiser gives a gorgeous glow with a natural looking coverage. It adapts to your natural skin tone and evens it out, without being 'too much'.

http://www.origins.co.uk/product/3858/13004/Skincare/Category/Moisturisers/VitaZing/SPF-15-Energy-boosting-moisturizer-with-Mangosteen/index.tmpl

Origins counters are very good at samples so it might be worth giving it a go...

Tigerblue Thu 04-Feb-16 10:31:15

cissyfuss, thanks for the link. I will look into it.

banivani Thu 04-Feb-16 11:34:52

I give you a hugely popular blog post that discusses the difference between the ingredients of BB creams and foundations: musicalhouses.blogspot.se/2012/12/bb-creams-hype-vs-ingredients-do-they.html

I like the bb cream I use because the coverage is quite light, so I don't feel smothered, it's easy to spread and it doesn't look caky and "made up".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now