Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE...I beseech you...help a hairdresser phobe out!

(2 Posts)
OhPudding Tue 02-Feb-16 19:13:40

OK <deep breath>...I need help searching online for a pic to take to the hairdressers next week of a nice style and failing to find anything thats quite right.

I'm a mid-thirties hairdresser-phobe - haven't been for 18 months, since the last one cut in some hideous choppy layers and gave me a very short fringe angry. I looked like a member of Metallica. Not joking.

At the moment I've got long (bra strap length), dead-straight, brunette hair. Fine, but lots of it, so appears thick (but if you cut loads of shitty choppy layers in, it really thins it out...as I discovered 18 months ago). My fringe has grown out and is now about chin length.

I want a good trim, a long, soft side fringe...maybe some soft layers at the front so I can have a bit of shape when I blow-dry it.But NO layers in the rest of it.

But that sounds vague (hairdresser fear), so would really like a pic to show the stylist exactly what I want. Except I dont know what i want...I just know I sort of want what I just said. Oh fuck grin.

Help? Please?

ooosaidooo Tue 02-Feb-16 20:24:33

Are you on pintrest? there are loads and loads of hair pictures on there, I took several to the hairdressers last time including some pictures to show what I definitely did NOT want!

Have you met the hairdresser who will be doing you hair or have you just booked blind? I always think it's a good idea to at least meet them and see if you click, also if you like how they style themselves etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now