Talk

Advanced search

Sensitive scalp - argh! Any tips?

(13 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Tue 02-Feb-16 07:26:59

My scalp is itching and bumpy!

I usually use Philip Kingsley itchy flaky shampoo and that seems to sort it out. But it's so expensive. sad - does anyone else have any recommendations?

Have you tried the PK scalp tonic? Not quite as expensive as the shampoo and I find it better than most things (although not an absolute magic wand, sadly).

notpoodle Tue 02-Feb-16 19:22:12

The only shampoo I can use at the moment is one called allergenics medicated shampoo.
It doesn't contain any sulphates and is really mild but does a good job of cleaning my hair and I don't even need conditioner after.

MeadowHay Tue 02-Feb-16 20:38:15

I have eczema, and generally I use Head & Shoulders shampoo. There's an ingredient in it that helps fight dandruff and generally keeps the skin on my scalp ok, I can't remember what it's called but it is legit and is even recommended by the National Eczema Society. They have a leaflet about eczema on the scalp I think too with more info. H&S usually keeps my scalp ok but if I get a proper flare up the next thing I go to is Oilatum shampoo, so you could try that for a bit too. If that still doesn't sort it I go to my GP basically and get something prescribed, Polytar is very good in particular, you can buy it OTC I think. The problem is the smell.

Scarydinosaurs Tue 02-Feb-16 21:13:16

Moogoo worked more effectively for me then PK. Scalp cream is great. I have to use it EVERY wash though.

ProjectGainsborough Wed 03-Feb-16 17:51:07

Thanks all. H&S never really worked for me, neither did a prescribed shampoo!

Will investigate allergenics/ moogoo flowers

CosmicOwl Wed 03-Feb-16 18:11:37

Moogoo! I was recommended it on here a few months ago and it has worked wonders, I use their shampoo, conditioner and scalp cream.

TeamEponine Wed 03-Feb-16 18:11:39

The only one that works for DH is the H&S intensive. It is in a dark blue bottle, but quite difficult to find. I think you can get it on Amazon.

MeadowHay Wed 03-Feb-16 20:10:20

I just wanted to add that there is quite an array of shampoos you can get prescribed, so if you're having problems I would deffo recommend a chat with either GP or pharmacist. I've had at least 4 different shampoos prescribed for me that I can remember, and I'm sure there are probably loads more available, so I'm sure there would be something suitable for you.

Indecisivejo Wed 03-Feb-16 21:08:17

I tried moogoo very recently and hated it!

steppemum Wed 03-Feb-16 21:12:30

I have this and this week I bought the E45 sensitive scalp shampoo. I used it for the first time yesterday and it already feels less sore.

redmimi Wed 03-Feb-16 21:20:30

The only one that has worked for me is the Body Shop ginger shampoo. It smells nice too.

steppemum Wed 03-Feb-16 21:23:49

I used to use the ginger shampoo, but it left my hair very flat and lanky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now