Talk

Advanced search

I think I might have a shoe problem...

(6 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 01-Feb-16 23:03:04

and a bit stressed out about it. So much for no spend 2016, its like I've panic bought enough shoes to last me four seasons in the January sales.
Bloody hell, what am I doing.
Does anyone else get like this?

Nettletheelf Mon 01-Feb-16 23:33:03

Yes, except for the getting stressed bit. I like nice shoes and operate a "see it, buy it, then you won't regret it" policy.

MrsNoraCharles Tue 02-Feb-16 08:02:03

How many pairs keep? And how does it go in your head? Do you know what's going through your mind when you buy them?

I share your shoe thing but I'm doing the no-spend 2016 so can't indulge. My normal thinking would be that a shoe fills a "gap" and is therefore indispensable e.g. colour/cut/heel height etc. but the reality is that I love shoes as an object and I buy them to make myself feel better.

As a general rule of thumb though, any shopping that makes you feel stressed afterwards is definitely an unhelpful thing.

JapanNextYear Tue 02-Feb-16 08:12:27

Will you wear them if so, great. If not because they are v similar to ones you gave or too high, are never going to fit the life you have, rather than the life you want, then take them back.

I do thus every couple of years as I tend to trash shoes and actually need new ones..,finally weaned myself off buying high ones I can't walk in...

keeponkeepinon Tue 02-Feb-16 10:53:38

I injured my foot andam giving up heels so am going through a thing of making sure I have plenty of stylish flats. I think I am panic buying. But they are all bargains.

keeponkeepinon Wed 03-Feb-16 13:11:26

Just realised I have bought 6 blush pairs of shoes and 3 jackets in the sales...talk me down!
walking boots - I do need some as my old ones falling apart and binned
schuh black suede ankle boots - for nights out
hudson tan leather chelsea boots - to wear with jeans-smart casual
clarks black leather chelsea boots for work/with jeans
clarks originals desert boots - for rolled up jeans in the spring summer and school run
clarks hotel sparkle - for smarter wear

and 3 jackets (one trench, one wool one leather). Ridiculous.

every single item is good quality and a bargain. And serves a useful purpose. Oh dear.
Can I start no spend today instead?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now