Best dry shampoo

(26 Posts)
Indecisivejo Mon 01-Feb-16 13:52:42

My hair is coloured and I have a very sensitive scalp! I was hair every other day but the in between day I find so hard because it feels rank! Want to try a dry shampoo to see if it helps me through that one day of not washing. Any recs?

PurpleDaisies Mon 01-Feb-16 13:55:03

Batiste is the best one I've used. You can often get it very cheaply in home bargains.

PurpleDaisies Mon 01-Feb-16 13:55:45

I also have coloured hair and a sensitive scalp that responds but itching if it doesn't like something.

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Mon 01-Feb-16 13:57:56

I love colab which I found in Superdrug. Bastiste makes me feel like I'm wearing a hat made of fleas!

scandichick Mon 01-Feb-16 13:58:05

Batiste, can't beat it. If you're dark, getting the colour-specific option helps keeping it inconspicuous.

I find the texture of dry-shampooed hair a bit strange, but my God is it worth it. As an extra bonus it gives a bit of volume too. Just remember to brush first, then dry shampoo, let it set a few minutes, and then rub it in.

Nabootique Mon 01-Feb-16 14:04:15

I always loved Bastiste until I found Colab. Wouldn't go back now. Have the normal and XL versions.

Indecisivejo Mon 01-Feb-16 14:12:51

Hmm may try colab

Branleuse Mon 01-Feb-16 14:14:59

Batiste is the only one worth getting. Ive tried a few, even expensive ones, and none beat batiste

Rubysewgood Mon 01-Feb-16 18:16:57

Never got on with Batiste and gave up on dry shampoo until I tried Klorane nettle dry shampoo.
It's lovely and fresh scented and only need a few squirts. No powdery look either.

BubsandMoo Mon 01-Feb-16 22:03:17

Another vote for Batiste, I have dark hair and use the darkest one (there's a medium brown one as well I think) order it from Amazon prime and make sure I never run out!

PitPatKitKat Tue 02-Feb-16 10:40:57

YY to klorane nettle.

ThatIsSoFetch Tue 02-Feb-16 10:45:10

I use Boots version in Paradise Island-Non Itchy and smells like coconut. Currently on offer @ £1.50.

bigfatfeet Tue 02-Feb-16 13:03:43

Colab is half price in Superdrug at the moment - it's perfumed though so not sure how good that will be for your sensitive scalp.

Indecisivejo Tue 02-Feb-16 13:51:48

Ok so I bought some Colin in superdrugs today half price, I was lucky as most were gone!
Will report back once I have used it tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

MeadowHay Tue 02-Feb-16 20:43:56

Batiste! Me and DH are loyal customers. We both wash our hair every other day and use Batiste in the in between days. It is one of the cheapest ones but still very good. I also have eczema and so a very sensitive scalp and have had no problems with any Batiste one so far and have tried quite a few.

TheGreenTriangle Tue 02-Feb-16 20:48:34

I don't like Batiste, too heavily scented. I prefer Klorane but it's at least twice the price cp to Batiste angry

Is the Colab one heavily fragranced too?

Indecisivejo Tue 02-Feb-16 20:53:00

Ffs just realised I wrote Colin!! I'm sure you all realised I meant colab!

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Wed 03-Feb-16 18:34:37

Have you tried it yet Indecisive? What do you think?

Indecisivejo Wed 03-Feb-16 18:52:44

Oh sorry! Forgot I was meant to update oops.
I used it this morn, smells amazing! Didn't leave any white on my hair like the expensive Philip Kingsley one did to me angry it seemed to make hair look fresher although still felt dirty but the effects didn't last very long, felt like I needed to use again only few hours later. I will carry on though.

dalek Wed 03-Feb-16 19:01:34

I don't use it but my daughter loves Umberto Gianni - she used to use Batiste.

It's quite pricey so she buys it when it's on 3 for 2 in Boots

BubsandMoo Wed 03-Feb-16 19:22:49

The main thing I find with dry shampoo is washing it out properly when you do wash your hair. I tend to do a ''double cleanse'' style hair wash if I've used a lot of dry shampoo in my hair, one shampoo to thoroughly degunk it out and then a second more moisturising shampoo after to soothe the scalp. Since doing that my scalp has been in much better condition.

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Wed 03-Feb-16 19:33:12

I tried the Aussie one the other day much better than batiste!

Doobigetta Wed 03-Feb-16 20:41:53

I don't get the enthusiasm for Batiste, I tried it and it made my scalp itch like mad, and feel as though it desperately needed washing. I like the Charles Worthington one.

EverySecondCounts Wed 03-Feb-16 20:50:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Indecisivejo Wed 03-Feb-16 21:06:52

I originally bought the Philip Kingsley one as read rave reviews but it made my hair look grey and made scalp itchy was awful! Cost £14!! But I returned it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now