Talk

Advanced search

Pale skin, green eyes, 31...no, not a dating profile. Hair advice please!

(15 Posts)
nearlyovertherainbow Mon 01-Feb-16 13:37:10

Hi,

So as I said, I've got pale skin, long dark brown hair, green eyes and I'm 31. I'm reeearlly bored with my hair colour. Was initially considering a purple/mahogany colour, but after seeing the strand test, I'm not so sure. Looked much darker than my natural hair colour, which is something I really don't want, as I think a darker colour would be ageing. I'm only having a semi, as my hair is completely frazzled quite damaged.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is darker always ageing? My hairdresser suggested I just went for basically a richer version of my own colour, but that just sounds a bit boring. I love really out there, bold colours, but not sure I could carry it off anymore.

Thanks smile

nearlyovertherainbow Mon 01-Feb-16 14:18:45

Anyone?

Indecisivejo Mon 01-Feb-16 15:04:25

Might help if u post a pic of urself?

nearlyovertherainbow Mon 01-Feb-16 15:24:49

Eesh, don't want to on the thread. I've put one on my public page for now.

314Chart Mon 01-Feb-16 15:36:07

You sound like me. I have an auburn hair colour. Not so red that I'm a red head but a reddish brown. I think it suits me.

314Chart Mon 01-Feb-16 15:37:55

ps, come to think of it, I think that's what the hairdresser has done to me! just given me a richer version of my own colour because surprisingly few people have noticed/commented imo

nearlyovertherainbow Mon 01-Feb-16 15:38:56

I was trying to stay away from red, but am wondering if maybe I should be a little more open to the idea. Maybe purpley tones are too harsh for me.

itsbetterthanabox Mon 01-Feb-16 15:40:21

Are you warm or cool?

nearlyovertherainbow Mon 01-Feb-16 15:43:00

Cool. Definitely cool.

nearlyovertherainbow Mon 01-Feb-16 16:43:26

Oh and how long does a semi normally last? I've used home semis before, but they just really dried my hair out and again, looked way too dark. The one I used was Casting Creme in Mahogany, but it looked NOTHING like it did on the box!

MadisonMontgomery Mon 01-Feb-16 17:03:02

I've got dark hair, pale skin & green eyes - tbh I have pretty much given up on any major colour changes - can't really go darker unless I want it black, and mine is red underneath so any lighter and it can look brassy. Watching with interest to see what people recommend!

MamaLazarou Mon 01-Feb-16 19:23:12

I think purple/burgundy/mahogany looks a bit cheap. How about some lowlights?

nearlyovertherainbow Tue 02-Feb-16 11:12:49

Mama, I agree that it can. Thinking now that an auburny colour, with mahogany\purpley slices put through would suit me more. I had two more strand tests and I preferred the lighter auburn, more subtle one, which surprised me. Is £80 cheap for a, tbf, fairly basic, no thrills salon? I really am a bit of a salon virgin confused

MamaLazarou Tue 02-Feb-16 11:48:00

No, £80 is not cheap, but worth paying a bit extra for a lovely job, IMO.

nearlyovertherainbow Tue 02-Feb-16 12:01:21

Hmm thrown now. It did seem a bit pricey for somewhere like that. I only asked at this place because my dd has regular trims there and once they bring out the enormous colour chart, you kind of get suckered in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now