Any bra experts about?

(10 Posts)
blibblibs Sun 31-Jan-16 12:52:44

I'm looking for a little bit of help please. I did the bra intervention last year and went from a 34B to a 32F!! (33 ish & 39)
After trying on and sending lots back I ended up with a 32E from Debenhams own range and a 32F from Next. Both are ok but a bit uncomfortable by the end of the day. I was then given two Panache melodys in a 32FF and they were bliss to wear. Unfortunately the washing machine ate one beyond repair and the other seems to now have a bend in the wire which really digs in under the armpit.
I've found Freya on sale for under £15 (secretsales) and they have the deco but I'm wondering which size would be best to order? Any help would be appreciated as I can't be bothered with the faff of returns.

Freya deco generally runs on the generous side in the cup, however it's a very hit and miss bra fit wise because it's got moulded cups. It's marmite! For some people it's amazing and for others it really doesn't work. In general Panache are also narrower and deeper cupped than Freya (although I've never worn the Melody) so it would be one you'd need to try on.

Sanchar Sun 31-Jan-16 14:31:16

<faints at bra's in the machine!!!> please hand wash, expensive bra's will last much longer if washed using a delicates liquid.

I hated Freya bra's. Fantasie bra's are better imo, better band and much better cup size/structure.

Sanchar Sun 31-Jan-16 14:36:33

Why has spellchecker put ' in my bras??

Forgot to say I have the serene fantasie bra.

DianaT1969 Sun 31-Jan-16 14:36:58

Why not look for a Panache bra in the sales as you know they work? Melody or similar.

hollinhurst84 Sun 31-Jan-16 14:49:53

The majority of people are Freya OR panache - just because they fit differently
Have you looked at brastop? I like panache but find the gore digs in, and curvy Kate bras fit me well

Dreamqueen Sun 31-Jan-16 15:03:08

I bought my Panache bras from an Ebay shop. i got measured in a real life shop & bought 2 from there & then bought different colours from Ebay shops & used the free click & collect delivery from Argos. The ebay ones were around half the price of the shop ones.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 31-Jan-16 15:09:01

I agree that if Panache works, Freya might not, so would stick to Panache. Check out Ebay, there are currently 232 New Panache bras in 32FF available www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpanache+bra+32ff.TRS0&_nkw=panache+bra+32ff&_sacat=0

blibblibs Sun 31-Jan-16 16:24:12

Thank you for the advice, have gone for a Panache ldina plunge which looks very similar to the melody, so hoping for great things from it so I can just order a few more and be done with it. I really dislike bra shopping. And no more machine washing - promise smile

Freya888 Tue 02-Feb-16 09:24:05

1st you need to forget about machine washing. It spoils bras shape. I always handwash bras. I can recommend cosabella online store. I am too shy to buy bra in a shopping mall and I am very glad that I can order it online. But be careful when you choose a bra size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now