Talk

Advanced search

Intervention Required! Plus Size Style help!

(5 Posts)
Favouriteworstnightmare Sun 31-Jan-16 07:47:27

Hi all,
I'm throwing myself at your mercy! I've been lucky to score tickets to two sporting events and have no idea what to wear! Please help!

The first is 6 Nations so I'll need to be comfy, warm but not look daft in a few pubs afterwards.

The other event is a football match but we are in the executive boxes so no football strips and possibly a bit glam?

I've completely fallen off the perch fashion wise, no real look other than a strong preference for repetitive prints eg polka dots / hearts / stars etc. I'm stuck in a loop of tunic dresses and leggings but I'm so bored.

I have some vouchers & £ left over from Christmas and would love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

xx

DianaT1969 Sun 31-Jan-16 09:33:32

IMO - no heels, shoes, prints or too many colours. Also no large or print bags. A neat cross body bag if you have one. Start with a pair of boots, add thick dark tights, a plain tunic style dress and a dark plain coat or jacket. Add colour with a velvet scarf and you're OK for the VIP box too. A blow dry before and some pretty bracelets or ear-rings will add the feminine touch for the pub.
Enjoy!

travailtotravel Sun 31-Jan-16 11:03:48

Boots for warm dry feet and style. Your don't mention size so nitvsurevif jeggigs a good idea.

Favouriteworstnightmare Sun 31-Jan-16 15:38:35

Thanks both - I've hankered after nice boots for yonks! I'm a pear shaped 22/24 so carry a lot around hip / bum. I'm happy enough paring jeggings with a long top / shirt & belt etc (I buy a size up to ensure decent bum coverage!)

I have a good across body bag so that's great.

Tights would make a nice change - a bit more dressy than leggings. Good idea!

* wanders off to check out boots.......*

travailtotravel Sun 31-Jan-16 20:44:35

Maybe look at a dress instead of a tunic? Wear with a cardi? I am really rating Studio 8 at the moment - the plus size Phase 8. Got several really good dresses from them so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now