Talk

Advanced search

what do I wear for an interview?

(4 Posts)
LeotardoDaVinci Sat 30-Jan-16 22:44:36

It's for the position of Census Enumerator so the interview will be held in the local police station - for a job that involves trudging around the country side delivering and collecting census forms. I haven't been for an interview for nearly 20 years so don't have a suit as such. I thought a smart-ish outfit would do - I'm thinking a white shirt with a sleeveless dress over and knee high boots. It would be fine as office wear I think but would it do for an interview? I am soooo out of touch.

RaisingSteam Sun 31-Jan-16 00:43:10

I think it would do for that kind of job - you need to look well presented but practical and like you could walk around all day. I'd think that ticks the boxes if your dress is plain or neutral.

Chottie Sun 31-Jan-16 07:01:54

That sounds fine to me too. Good luck - come back and let us know how it goes smile

LeotardoDaVinci Sun 31-Jan-16 09:34:01

Thank you. I have a feeling they gave everyone who applied an interview and it's widely rumoured to be sewn up already by ex teachers and those who've been doing it for years so it's possibly just a formality but it's an experience that will do me no harm. I'll be sooooooo nervous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now