Maybelline dream mousse foundation

(7 Posts)
Daisy62 Sat 30-Jan-16 11:27:26

Can anyone suggest a foundation similar to Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse? My daughter has this and I just tried it and really liked it. However Maybelline is owned by Nestlé and I boycott them. What I like about the foundation is that it feels light and moussey, leaves my skin very soft and gives light coverage. Most foundations seem to bubble on my skin and sort of look artificial. I had Estee Lauder Double wear light for my wedding last year but it was a bit heavy and didn't last all day on my nose even with powder. At the moment I use Clinique City Block for a touch of colour and to even out my skin tone but I'm looking a bit haggard and would like light moussey foundation. Any suggestions? I'm very very pale with normal skin.

mumsnit Sat 30-Jan-16 12:17:15

Have you tried a mineral powder foundation? I have Bare Minerals blemish remedy and it feels very light and weightless. I really like it compared to traditional foundation.

IAmPissedOffWithAHeadmaster Sat 30-Jan-16 12:18:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DontKillMyVibe Sat 30-Jan-16 15:11:04

Didn't realise Nestle owns cosmetic companies. Just googled and found out the following are Nestle brands. Am v surprised.

Biotherm
Body Shop
Cosmence
Garnier
Helena Rubenstein
Innéov
La Roche-Posay
Lancome
L’Oreal
Matrix
Maybelline
Metamorphosis
Plénitude
Redken

Cheesymonster Sat 30-Jan-16 20:01:23

Try Max Factor Whipped Creme foundation. It's lovely.

Also Rimmel Stay Matte is a mousse, so is the new Maybelline Dream Velvet, although I haven't tried either of these yet.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Sat 30-Jan-16 20:37:45

I second the Maxfac Whipped Creme, nicer than the Maybelline IMO. Creamier.

The most gorgeous moussey foundation was Clarins Instant Smooth but I was the only person in the world who bought it, so they discontinued...

Daisy62 Sun 31-Jan-16 00:53:43

Thanks so much for all these suggestions...It's great to have recommendations, will get myself to Boots and try them all out. Yes, it's always surprising how many brands are owned by Nestlé... L'Oréal and Body Shop were a great loss to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now