Can anyone help, doing own bridesmaid makeup please?

(4 Posts)
NotWorkingOut Sat 30-Jan-16 10:46:55

I'm due to be a bridesmaid later this month and am doing my own make up. I'm quite useless with makeup and tend to either just do eyes and eyebrows or add a bit of foundation if I want to look a bit fresher.

I'm on quite a tight budget so was planning on going to superdrug. I'm usually very strict about animal testing, but think I may have to relax my morals slightly to meet the budget. I wouldn't buy anything directly tested though.

I'm definitely in need of foundation and primer, I have oily, teenage type skin. I tried the bourjois primer yesterday and was impressed, but wondered if there's anything similar that's cheaper?

Can anyone recommend stuff to me? Thanks in advance!

LadyPriggsbottom Sat 30-Jan-16 11:59:47

My skin can be a bit oily and I always get on quite well with Bare Minerals (concealer, foundation, blusher and mineral veil). It's expensive but you can buy a starter pack thing which used to cost about £30 in Debenhams. I can't afford it for everyday use but would buy a kit for a special event. I use a cheaper alternative by Loreal (think it's called true match minerals). It's a powder foundation and it's so easy to apply - I'm an idiot with make up and I find this and Bare Minerals easy.

I also use one of those eyeshadow compacts for smoky eyes (it's quite subtle though and comes with a few colours and a double ended brush thing - one end for lining eyes and the other for contouring in the crease. It's more brown than black so not too dramatically smoky) It comes with instructions on the back which I found quite helpful.

NotWorkingOut Sat 30-Jan-16 12:47:22

Thanks! Going to pop to tk maxx, they often have bare minerals kits in, although they tend to ve the dark ones. I really want to look polished rather than like someone's tried to polish a shite grin

LadyPriggsbottom Sat 30-Jan-16 13:18:47

grin OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now