Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Face like a slapped arse?

(11 Posts)
WitchWay Sat 30-Jan-16 09:07:36

Years ago I heard about haemorrhoid cream being good for eye bags, specifically Anusol, the plain one without hydrocortisone.

In recent months I've started getting puffiness & bags under my eyes in the morning, especially the left eye - I sleep on that side mostly - rather than just on the occasions I've had a bit of a session the night before. Age-related, presumably, as I'm now 50. I have tried an extra pillow, patting them gently, all sorts of eye creams - no good.

Earlier this week I bought some Anusol & applied a tiny amount to the eye bags. Amazingly they resolved within a couple of hours, rather than taking all day about it. Even more amazingly, they didn't come back for three days & were smaller, responding more rapidly this time.

Anyone else tried this?

SugarDiabetes Sat 30-Jan-16 13:14:04

No but I'm going to!!

donajimena Sat 30-Jan-16 13:15:29

I've heard this! I might give it a whirl!

MissFlight Sat 30-Jan-16 13:59:39

I've heard of this too, I'm going to try it smile

TSSDNCOP Sat 30-Jan-16 14:01:44

What does it smell like?

annielostit Sat 30-Jan-16 14:12:02

IMO menthol/liniment like footballers use

WitchWay Sat 30-Jan-16 14:12:19

It has a light floral smell, pleasant & unobtrusive. Not at all greasy. It's the cream, not the ointment, plain Anusol, no hydrocortisone. Bought off the shelf in the supermarket so I didn't have to pretend to the pharmacist I had piles

grin

WitchWay Sat 30-Jan-16 14:12:54

Ooh no, not like menthol that would sting

TSSDNCOP Sat 30-Jan-16 16:27:53

Im thinking is it distinctive like Vicks or Germolene, see im worried you'd be chatting to someone and they'd be like "hmm your face smells like that stuff i put on my arse".

Not cool.

WitchWay Sat 30-Jan-16 17:15:40

I don't think it would be noticeable - DH has a very sensitive nose & he would have noticed if I'd smelt of something obvious.

Seahorsecandy Sat 30-Jan-16 19:19:16

Ha ha ha , they were discussing this over in MrsGloss&TheGoss on Facebook earlier. I don't think it ended well as apparently a key ingredient has changed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: