Talk

Advanced search

High top Converse

(10 Posts)
readyforno2 Fri 29-Jan-16 10:11:54

As a pre-wedding present, my lovely dh gave me some personalised cons. We got married in 2014 and I have barely worn them. To be honest, I don't know what to wear them with.
I need help! Any suggestions welcome
Thanks

EatShitDerek Fri 29-Jan-16 10:13:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

readyforno2 Fri 29-Jan-16 10:17:17

I just think they make my legs look dumpy..
Also, do you tie them? Or tuck the laces in?
I'm clueless

EatShitDerek Fri 29-Jan-16 10:32:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mintbiscuit Fri 29-Jan-16 11:01:11

Try lacing them up to the top (not too tight) and tucking the lace / bow out of sight (behind tongue as derek said).

I wear mine like this

mintbiscuit Fri 29-Jan-16 11:03:31

Oh and I think converse always look better when they look worn (or some might say scuffed up).

LadyPriggsbottom Fri 29-Jan-16 11:04:34

I can't seem to pull them off with skirts / dresses etc. I always think I end up looking a bit clunky or toddler shaped! It can look great on the right person though. I tend to wear them with jeans which are long enough to go over the top of them or sometimes with an ankle length denim skirt.

CheersMedea Fri 29-Jan-16 11:06:29

I think they look better not laced to the top but about 3 "notches" down and tied behind so you can see a bit of (elegant/tanned!) ankle.
Jeans are good for converse - that colour may look good with very black (true black, non-faded)jeans.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 29-Jan-16 11:10:14

I wear the hi top style with jeans, but just can't with skirts/dresses.

Or leggings...makes me feel like Max Wall.

readyforno2 Fri 29-Jan-16 14:00:31

Thanks everyone. I'm doing as you all suggested. Laces tied under the tongue. Under skinny's.
I feel like a fraud. Maybe once they are a bit scuffed they'll look better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now