I'm after a good white shirt

(8 Posts)
Notonaschoolnight Fri 29-Jan-16 10:03:04

By good I mean thickish non see through cotton in a casual loose fitting style, not an office shirt. I bought one from H&M online admittedly it was only £15 and it's completely transparent I could never wear it unless it was under a jumper, as I buy pretty much all my clothes online I want to avoid making the same mistake again hence asking you lovely lot!

CoolToned Fri 29-Jan-16 22:23:28

Best I've found:

www.jjill.com/jjillonline/product/product.aspx?item=W6025Y&rPFID=0&sk=N&h=N

ThomasSofty Fri 29-Jan-16 22:23:48

Hmm, the only non see through white shirts I have ever had have been very thick twill from somewhere like TM Lewin, but that isn't the style you are after. Have you tried Gap for a more relaxed fit? Not guaranteeing they will be thick enough, but at least they usually have a choice of styles (and online returns are very straightforward).

DianaT1969 Sat 30-Jan-16 10:41:12

COS

Notonaschoolnight Sun 31-Jan-16 08:07:54

Ahh I forget about cos and other stories as neither are in the north will have a look at those and the other sugg ta

lavendersun Sun 31-Jan-16 08:10:40

I bought some shirts from Gant recently after someone on here recommended them, I am really pleased with them.

JackandDiane Sun 31-Jan-16 08:12:44

Uniqlo

TweedAddict Sun 31-Jan-16 08:17:52

Joules do a lovely thick white shirt, and they do it with any pattern on it either. I also find gap good for shirts, don't have a white one from them only got a blue and pink, but good quality

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now