Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Skin care routine

(3 Posts)
coldofhands Thu 28-Jan-16 20:49:38

Hi there,

Following pregnancy I've developed rosacea - I'm still breastfeeding so as metronidazole did nothing, there's no other treatment from the doctor. I've worked my way through a selection of Boots' finest offerings - La Roche Posay, Avene etc... all with no success. At the moment I'm using the Boots No 7 oil cleanser for dry skin, and the Una Brennan rose day cream. However, my skin routinely feels tight and hot and makeup doesn't sit nicely at all. I'm sort of at the point where I don't expect anything to help the redness at all, but would love my skin to feel more comfortable, and softer iyswim.

I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions at all please - low cost unless it really is a wonder product as I'm a SAHM following redundancy whilst on mat leave.

Thanks in advance

redstrawberries101 Thu 28-Jan-16 22:48:03

Hi!

I had a similar thing to you where my skin always felt tight and looked inflamed. I tried origins, Liz Earle etc and spent a LOT of money. In the end though, what worked best was body shops aloe range. I stuck to it and after a few weeks my skin looked soo much better and felt better too. They always have offers on so are pretty reasonable.

Aloe cream cleanser
Aloe toner
Day cream
Night cream

They also do an aloe gel amazing for cooking the skin. The girls in store are really helpful so do have a chat with them too. X

banivani Fri 29-Jan-16 10:40:22

I don't have rosacea but my sister does, and she never uses products with added fragrance. That cleansing oil and the cream both have it. I know she also avoids some essential oils, definitely lavender, might be something else too. Sounds like you need extra hydration, I'd add a hydrating serum to your routine, and see if you can find unfragranced products maybe? Get samples. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now