Talk

Advanced search

Can anything be done for blister causing boots?

(3 Posts)
Hamiltoes Thu 28-Jan-16 11:59:20

I've bought a few pairs of boots from this place before in size 4.5. They look good for a while but end up feeling huge on me, and I'd been wearing those thick fluffy socks to compensate.

So i just got some new ones and bought a 4 instead hoping when they stretch they'd fit me properly. Tried them on, bit tight but I expected that. Wore them on the school run (3mile round trip) and perhaps another mile to shops and by the time I got home my feet were agony with huge 50p size blisters on both ankles.

Do I just need to persist in breaking them in and push through in the hopes they will stretch? Or should I write them off for good? Any tips on how I could stretch them? I really love these boots!

MadamCroquette Thu 28-Jan-16 12:26:08

What are they? If they are DMs then they will wear in, and you just have to get through the agony, but not sure about other brands.

DM also sell special socks for wearing in blister-causing boots. here

And/or you can take boots to a shoe repair shop and they can stretch them a bit overnight. I've had this done and it was only £3.

Hamiltoes Thu 28-Jan-16 12:34:56

They're not DMs, just knee high flat boots. Thank you I think I will take them to the shoe repair place and see if I can get them stretched!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now