Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Acceptable replacement for jogging bottoms

(11 Posts)
Jumperooathon Thu 28-Jan-16 10:36:21

I am a sahm in a cold house so wear a lot of jogging bottoms when at home shock

The old ones have gone past acceptable and I was getting teased sad so I've thrown them out.

What's a good replacement with equally thick material? Do you get harem pants that thick? Or are there more flattering styles of jogging bottom? Thinking h&m prices as they will get vomited on and tumble dried.

Thus ends the least stylish and beautiful post in style & beauty.

LaurieLemons Thu 28-Jan-16 10:39:14

You can buy thermal leggings, I find them warmest. Why were you getting teased? Were they dirty? I think harem pants are usually thin but you can always just wear leggings/tights underneath.

Bluecheese22 Thu 28-Jan-16 11:07:54

I love hareems, I have 5 pairs!

Hamiltoes Thu 28-Jan-16 11:47:36

When at home I love thermal leggings. Primark have also started doing fleece lined leggings and they are really cosy and still look ok with ankle boots and a long jumper/ cardi if you have to nip to the shops.

burnishedsilver Thu 28-Jan-16 14:34:59

These?
They are still jogging bottoms but a little nicer.

I was absolutely freezing in the Primark fleece lined leggings. I am begining to wonder if its a sensory thing because I was colder than if I had bare legs and I couldnt stand the feel of them. I had to bin them.

burnishedsilver Thu 28-Jan-16 14:37:56

Or these?
It says dry clean but there was a thread on here about them a while back. Apparently they washed fine.

Charitygirl1 Thu 28-Jan-16 20:10:03

Topshop have got a whole load of what they call slim leg jiggers in. They look thick and smart(ish!)

IkeaGoddess Fri 29-Jan-16 00:36:48

I double/triple up thermal leggings and tights and tuck into Uggs or Afghan slipper socks. Surprisigngly chic look!

MsFrazzles Fri 29-Jan-16 06:59:42

Sainsburys Tu do lovely yoga pants made out of a thick stretch cotton. Fold over waistband. Stay properly black after washing. I lived in mine on mat leave!

Upthenoonoo Fri 29-Jan-16 07:08:12

Hush hareems are lovely thick and comfy. Pair with ugg boots in winter or converse trainers & sandals in the summer

Jumperooathon Sun 31-Jan-16 15:57:12

Old ones were baggy at the knees and very worn.

Yoga pants are too cold for this house in winter, we're in a very old one with lots of cracks.

Double leggings might be good actually!

Thank you, I've got some ebay bids based on this thread (nobody bid against me!) and planning a shopping trip for monday now. Just hope the baby lets me try stuff on :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now